Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

trbarton

On 7/8/2023 at 12:23 PM, jayred1 said:

Did some digging into Agoda and it is a legit online travel agency.  It has been around for 18 years and is one of the largest services for Asian travel.  Although less known in North America & Europe, they are owned by Booking Holdings (a NASDAQ 100 company, also owner of Priceline and Booking.com).  Frommer rates them the #4 best hotel booking service - better than Expedia, Priceline, TripAdvisor and Hotels.com (Hotwire didn't even make their Top 10).  https://www.frommers.com/slideshows/819303-best-and-worst-hotel-booking-sites-for-2023

Here's another link that describes Agoda ...

https://luxuryunderbudget.com/is-agoda-legit

Thank you for sharing Jayred.

On 7/8/2023 at 9:44 PM, trbarton said:

Have you booked with Hotwire where you get one of 3 locations but you don’t know which one until you make a booking?  I’ve looked but the downside is the rate is non refundable. 

Tom😀

No I have not booked a hotel via Hotwire where they show you 3 locations up front. 

With that being said 90% of the time when I book a hotel with Hotwire I know exactly what hotel I'm getting. You never know until you hit final send and then the hotel pops up what you just bought. Correct all non refundable. I don't want a refund I want to go to Ft. Lauderdale. The 10% of the time I'm wrong when I pick a hotel, Hotwire always gives me a better hotel than I would have ever booked with someone else or on my own. 

I'm a solo traveler, book everything myself keeping it simple when it comes to hotels and airfare Hotwire is the only way to go for me. No surprises except pleasant ones. Good luck to you and have a great time on your vacation. 

On 7/8/2023 at 6:44 PM, trbarton said:

Have you booked with Hotwire where you get one of 3 locations but you don’t know which one until you make a booking?  I’ve looked but the downside is the rate is non refundable. 

Tom😀

Yes, that is how Hotwire works, it will show you 3 possible hotels that it could be that you will get.  You will also see a photo at the top of the page of the hotel room of the possible hotel, and you can figure out which hotel you will get if you go to each website of the 3 hotels listed, and look at the pictures.  As I mentioned previously, the rate is non-refundable, so it is the chance you take.