Crystal Unveils New Suite Design.

Keith1010

3 hours ago, SnoBirdCruiser said:

I only hope that they have new mattresses in the Aquamarine Classic

An old mattress with an indented sway would be terrible in any of the cabins in my opinion and

a foam rubber over the mattress doesn't make it either.

We fly out in three weeks to Marseille..

"La vie est belle"

Pat and Ray

We head to Paris first and will meet you on Serenity. 😄

• Like 1

1. I get emails from Crystal. I'm not sure why because it is to an email address created subsequent to the bankruptcy.

2. Having three different cabin designs within the same category is needlessly confusing and likely to cause some negative feelings down the line.

3. Most everything else I read and hear about the revamped cruise line is very appealing to me. But it remains to be seen if this is just marketing hype. If there are good reports here from cruisers who are not predisposed to promote Crystal, then I will book a short cruise to see for myself.

I look forward to all your reviews! 

5 hours ago, Everything Bagel said:

1. I get emails from Crystal. I'm not sure why because it is to an email address created subsequent to the bankruptcy.

2. Having three different cabin designs within the same category is needlessly confusing and likely to cause some negative feelings down the line.

3. Most everything else I read and hear about the revamped cruise line is very appealing to me. But it remains to be seen if this is just marketing hype. If there are good reports here from cruisers who are not predisposed to promote Crystal, then I will book a short cruise to see for myself.

I look forward to all your reviews! 

1.  It's funny that some people complain they don't get e-mails. Somehow either you signed up to receive e-mails or someone such as a TA signed you up. 

2.  Yes confusion could have been avoided. either by having multiple names or by color coding the deck plans to show by room precisely what it is.

3. If you want to wait for reviews before booking my advice is to read reviews from several voyages.  Why?  Because similar to a new ship sometimes it takes a few voyages to get everything working the way it's planned to work.  The good news is unlike new cruise lines and new ships a high percentage of the crew are experienced with the ship and the former product and that will make a big difference.  While Endeavor was a new vessel they benefited immensely because every member of Endeavor other than the expedition team came from a Crystal vessel and most of them were very seasoned.  In the end you will have to decide for yourself. I read review for products, hotels, and restaurants and reviews often include a wide range of views. 

Keith

I agree with the last two posters. Of course, I will try to be fully informed before booking my first post-Covid cruise.

Soon after my first post above, I found this video review in the Regent forum

And it struck me that this is the main difference between building a new luxury ship and refurbishing an old one. I'm thinking that there is a good chance that the end product for new Crystal will not be very cohesive. It might even wind up looking like an everything bagel, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Thank you for your thoughts.

They had to mention the $5000 per day so we would know what a good time they are having!

Their cabin is one of the upper suites. It may be comparable to a Junior Penthouse - and I assume that fare is for two people in the cabin. The lesser suites on Splendor are more reasonable. It's hard to compare because a lot of their fares include business class airfare.

Still, it's looking like $1000 per day per person is kind of normal for a luxury line these days. You can easily fork over that kind of dough even on Viking Ocean.

23 minutes ago, imabigcheese said:

Keith can you tell me if 9052 on Symphony is classic, 2017 or newly renovated?

Thanks, I am trying to navigate the site and can't figure it out. I appreciate the help.

9052 is a former Seabreeze so it is from 2017.

Keith

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Yes,it is easier to design a ship from scratch rather than refurbish and old one.

You will still have some old ship issues but Old Crystal cruisers are wanting their New Crystal to be very similar if you read through the threads and posts with a careful eye.

Regent have some lovely new ships and Silversea also.

Let's see what New Crystal come up with once they have sailed a few times.

Happy sailing to all.

Actually not.

People make a big mistake when they speak in generalities.

Those who have sailed Crystal for many years do not think alike nor do they agree on all things.

For example, some have always welcomed the evolution of Crystal. I know I have. And continue to look forward to how the line evolves. For example, I am happy if the new Italian Restaurant's menu has a totally fresh look.  There are others who prefer were resistant to the evolution of the product including those who were not happy when inclusive was announced.

The same goes for everything i life.

All British don't think the same way. All American's don't think the same way. All Males don't think the same way. All females don't think the same way.

Sure there are things that those who enjoyed Crystal enjoyed but that does not mean that they enjoyed everything and would not want changes to occur.

As to old ships and new ships. Most people I know would like a new ship(s). However, given the choice of sailing Crystal now or waiting four or five years for a new ship the answer is Crystal Clear. 

Again in this world of ours people like to put everyone into a bucket. That is a big mistake.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Everything Bagel said:

I agree with the last two posters. Of course, I will try to be fully informed before booking my first post-Covid cruise.

Soon after my first post above, I found this video review in the Regent forum

And it struck me that this is the main difference between building a new luxury ship and refurbishing an old one. I'm thinking that there is a good chance that the end product for new Crystal will not be very cohesive. It might even wind up looking like an everything bagel, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Please be aware that Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity have gone through several dry docks over the years.  Most of Symphony has been completely made-over since he maiden launch and a good portion of Serenity has been gone through a make-over. 

Speaking for myself my experience is that other than a few mistakes (initially removing couches from Symphony standard rooms and installing those fish bowl sinks) that the results were a big improvement and enhanced the look of the ship and the utilization of the space.

This includes (Symphony) when they open up starlite, updated the reception area, Crystal Cove and other areas of the Crystal Plaza, created Pulse,redid Prego, Beautiful Palm Court, Updated what became the night club area, rolled out Tastes, along with several other enhancements including creating Waterside and Marketplace.

Likewise (Serenity) went through many enhancements including updating Tastes, Creating Marketplace, the change to Waterside, redoing the shops, redoing Waterside, Enhanced Palm Court other than reducing the size of the dance floor, updating Stardust, updating the Computer University, updating the PH Suites, along with some other changes.

Other areas that people have complained about are being updated in this dry dock including the makeover of Prego into Oseria D'ovido.

I do want to remind some who are new to Crystal that when Serenity came out, a spanking new cruise ship, some were critical of the colors including the choice of colors for carpeting.  

I suspect the changes will be well received. Will everyone like all the changes? Of course not. Why? Well why do we decorate our own homes differently than one another?  

Let's see what people say when the see the changes. My guess is that most will see this as being positive even though not everyone will like each an every change.

Keith