Changing water in pool ?

BEEZLEE

I assume you mean only the main pool, not the therapy "pool" (e.g., Riviera has a bigger one than on Marina) or small whirlpools by the main pool. They are unheated, salt water.

Though on the smaller R-class ships, to call it a "pool" is to do a disservice to the word "pool". You can walk around in it but not really swim much. Even Riviera's pool isn't that large, though you can swim short "laps" in it. Both pools are rather shallow. No true deep part. No diving.

I'm just so glad we had no children in the pools on Riviera (12/2021) or Sirena (11/2022). As I kid people, I can only imagine the amount of urine in the pool on a Disney cruise ship!

7 hours ago, BEEZLEE said:

Wondering how often O freshens up pool water ?…is it daily ?

I think its every 3 days or so. They just don't flush it out. You have to purify the salt water. Get some Jelly fish Larvae in the pool would not be enjoyable.

12 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

You can walk around in it but not really swim much. Even Riviera's pool isn't that large, though you can swim short "laps" in it. Both pools are rather shallow. No true deep part. No diving.

I wouldn't call the pools very shallow. Yes, too shallow for diving, but I am 5'10" tall and could not stand in the Riviera pool. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, schmerl said:

I wouldn't call the pools very shallow. Yes, too shallow for diving, but I am 5'10" tall and could not stand in the Riviera pool. 

Love 7 ft pools other wise some folks stand there all day drinking and never go for a bathroom break hummm

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 4:25 PM, rbtan said:

I think its every 3 days or so. They just don't flush it out. You have to purify the salt water. Get some Jelly fish Larvae in the pool would not be enjoyable.

If the ship is going to have successive sea days, where the ship is outside of 12 miles from shore, they will generally go to "flow through" for a salt water pool.  Here they continually pump sea water into the pool, and the overflow goes out the perimeter gutter and back to sea.  Only a rudimentary filter on the sea water.

If the ship is within 12 miles of shore, it must be on "recirculation" mode, just like a home pool (from the pool, through the filter, back to the pool).  There is a make-up water tank that has sea water in it, but again, only a rudimentary pool filter for the incoming sea water.

The requirements for changing pool water is every 30 days, but most lines do it once a week.  They will drain it, scrub it down, and refill.

Jellyfish larvae would not survive the chlorination.  Yes, even salt water pools, when in recirculation mode, must be chlorinated.

• Thanks 1