Is there a large group on my Apex December 2nd cruise?

richele

Hi,

I am booked on the Apex for a seven night cruise in the Caribbean 

December 2-9.  The ship appears to be completely booked. I have sailed 

this itinerary before in December with a moderate size passenger capacity.

Does anyone know if there is a large group booked for this cruise?

I really enjoy sailing when the ship is not at capacity.

I read that Celebrity will not give out details about who is booked so I have not called.

Any idea what I might do? Hate to cancel since I have my air and hotels booked.

28 minutes ago, richele said:

Hi,

I read that Celebrity will not give out details about who is booked so I have not called.

It does appear the ship is sold out and cabin availability has been declining for the past few months.  Cruisemapper does list this itinerary as an "art themed" cruise, but I don't know what that really means.  It is interesting that this itinerary is sold out so far away from the sailing date.

Our September cruise has two large groups scheduled.  For a while, there were no cabins being offered, then the final payment was due...and the groups had to make the payment or release all the cabins that they had put aside for them. Now there are a lot of good cabins being offered by Celebrity's website.  This might be what has happened with your cruise.  I found the names of the groups (Cruise and Crop and Abraham Hicks) on the Cruise Critic Roll Call for our cruise, and on a social website that also has a roll call for our cruise (not sure if I am allowed to name the site on Cruise Critic).  People who booked with the groups would post a question asking if there were any other (whatever group) were booked.

2 hours ago, richele said:

Hi,

I just googled your cruise date and found something called post thanksgiving cruise

if you eliminate the spaces and add .com to the end of that you will see a travel agency that has a group on the Apex on Dec 2, 2023.

Thanks. I checked that and found November 25-December 2. Mine is the week after. Maybe that agency changed the date and didn’t update the website.

I appreciate everyone checking. Thanks 

1 hour ago, marshacruises said:

Our September cruise has two large groups scheduled.  For a while, there were no cabins being offered, then the final payment was due...and the groups had to make the payment or release all the cabins that they had put aside for them. Now there are a lot of good cabins being offered by Celebrity's website.  This might be what has happened with your cruise.  I found the names of the groups (Cruise and Crop and Abraham Hicks) on the Cruise Critic Roll Call for our cruise, and on a social website that also has a roll call for our cruise (not sure if I am allowed to name the site on Cruise Critic).  People who booked with the groups would post a question asking if there were any other (whatever group) were booked.

wish they would list the groups..Cruise and Crop seems ok but we wpuld pass on the other group!..Large groups vary in terms of how they might affect indiv cruisers!

Still researching. I did find Expedia Cruises is having a National Conference on

the ship then. I called the group number and the agent said they have only a few cabins in each category available.

If the 'art cruise' group is anything like the Park West group (all travelling for free as big spenders) on my cruise a little while back, they took over the Sky Lounge for their private events almost all day, every day.  It became VERY annoying that no one else could use that space.