Brief review of our Into the Midnight Sun cruise

slewis7

15 hours ago, DRJVH said:

Straight off the ship at 5:30am with our luggage. Monday 10 July we got to the airport in 35 mins. Check in took 20 minutes. Security 5 minutes. Passport control less than 2 minutes  our flight was at 9:00;am. Flight left on time. 

Glad to hear the airport has greatly improved.

As mentioned in earlier posts here, I was unhappy how our land extension started with Viking dumping us at the airport over 5.5 hours prior to our scheduled departure to Reykjavik.  

I had written Viking an email to complain that day and I got a call from their customer service department this afternoon in response.  I was extremely impressed with the Viking representative who contacted me; she was pleasant and supportive and promised that there would be an inquiry.  As a result, I will be more likely to book with Viking in the future (not that we weren’t already likely to book more cruises with Viking before the call).  I am very impressed!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, slewis7 said:

As mentioned in earlier posts here, I was unhappy how our land extension started with Viking dumping us at the airport over 5.5 hours prior to our scheduled departure to Reykjavik.  

I had written Viking an email to complain that day and I got a call from their customer service department this afternoon in response.  I was extremely impressed with the Viking representative who contacted me; she was pleasant and supportive and promised that there would be an inquiry.  As a result, I will be more likely to book with Viking in the future (not that we weren’t already likely to book more cruises with Viking before the call).  I am very impressed!

I hope you got some OBC out of it for a future cruise! Squeaky wheel gets the grease. In 2021 before a Welcome Back cruise, I complained to tellus@vikingcruises.com about an extremely rude “customer service” agent and was offered $$$ OBC for our next cruise. Many have also reported here getting OBC for a missed port.

They did give us some OBC, but it was much more important to me to know that Viking pays attention to their customers and cares.  

When my wife and I started cruising, we were going with other couples and exclusively on Regent.  It was a great experience but in our 3rd cruise we got a cabin that suffered from sometimes heavy vibrations and also there were nightly noises at around 2am from furniture on the floor above getting moved around.  We complained onboard and we expressed dissatisfaction on the end of cruise survey.  I never heard anything back from Regent and we quit sailing on that line as a result.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2023 at 12:04 PM, saratojo said:

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this review.  We have booked the cruise in May 2024 on Viking Saturn going in the opposite direction.  The port information provided by you all is invaluable!

Enjoy the trip. We did. 

• Like 1