Fantastica Restaurant Assignment

Marie50

Can someone explain how it works for restaurant assignment. Is it only one restaurant each night?  I asked my travel agent for early seating at a table for 2, but she had no further information. I chose Fantastica so I could chose my dining time.

1 minute ago, Marie50 said:

No I meant my travel agent asked for early dining per Fantastica guidelines. I just don’t know what restaurant. How do they decide?

Randomly?

One thing I found is that they like to group guests by nationality. 

Already twice I got an assignment for a dinning time other than requested "because that one is what Germans like". Sorry not this one. "But there won't be other Germans in that restaurant at that time." Fine, just give me a table as I like it.

Here's your answer:

They will assign you to a restaurant and time.  If you like your assignment, you are good to go.  If you don't, you can request a change.

If you do request a change, my suggestion is to do it with the Maitre'D once onboard rather than calling MSC, as it may change your booking or pricing if you call in advance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Marie50 said:

My agent told me I would not find out restaurant until I boarded. Is that correct?

There are several main dining rooms (MDR) on each ship. Your cabin card will have the assigned MDR and time when you arrive. If you do not like what was assigned, you can go to the Maitre'd and ask if they can change it for you. AFAIK the only differences with the MDRs is the location. Specialty restaurants and reservations are separate and can be made on-board.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marie50 said:

My agent told me I would not find out restaurant until I boarded. Is that correct?

Correct. The restaurant and your dining time are confirmed once you've boarded. The details will be on your card. And as outlined in above posts, if you wish to make changes visit the restaurant to request.