Breaking News - No More Arrival Times.

Steelers36

18 minutes ago, jdacombe said:

So does this mean that all passengers departing from Southampton will automatically be in the Blue Lane as all medallions are collected at the Terminal

No, Americans (and soon, Canadians) may have received them at home before flying over.  Won't necessarily be the huge majority of guests, but the US represents on Princess, no question.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I'd only be concerned if Elite and boarding in PE, FL, and want to try and secure Sanctuary.  Otherwise, not every second counts.

A few more minutes was never a concern. We are boarding in San Francisco at the smaller pier which was a THREE hour line for our last cruise. UGH Would be too much for our traveling companions this time. 

8 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

Just show up early. You can still check in, find a seat in the elite lounge and be in the first boarding group as far as I can tell. A couple of minutes less of sitting in the lounge is not so bad.

Yes we'll be arriving early, we learned our lesson. We are embarking from San Francisco at the smaller pier again and last time it was a three hour line outdoors. There is no lounge area. But we'll just have to do our best and see how it goes! 

11 minutes ago, Napagirl said:

Yes we'll be arriving early, we learned our lesson. We are embarking from San Francisco at the smaller pier again and last time it was a three hour line outdoors. There is no lounge area. But we'll just have to do our best and see how it goes! 

We just get there and go somewhere for lunch rather than spending hours in line

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jdacombe said:

So does this mean that all passengers departing from Southampton will automatically be in the Blue Lane as all medallions are collected at the Terminal

We left Southampton on July 7.  We had our medallions as did many other passengers.  Southampton was extremely organized and efficient.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

We left Southampton on July 7.  We had our medallions as did many other passengers.  Southampton was extremely organized and efficient.

Yes but you are from the US. Many passengers on ships sailing from England or Europe are not US based and can’t have their medallions shipped so they would all be blue lane

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

Yes but you are from the US. Many passengers on ships sailing from England or Europe are not US based and can’t have their medallions shipped so they would all be blue lane

why does it matter if you are blue or green when sailing from Southampton?..there are NO blue/green lines/queues/entrances.  UK passengers collect medallions at the port and if you have completed the necessary online documentation as required...then the time impact is 1 minute for the staff to walk and get your medallion and give it to you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gah_cruise said:

why does it matter if you are blue or green when sailing from Southampton?..there are NO blue/green lines/queues/entrances.  UK passengers collect medallions at the port and if you have completed the necessary online documentation as required...then the time impact is 1 minute for the staff to walk and get your medallion and give it to you.

The way the notes from the Princess web meeting with TA’s indicates that if you have your medallion you can skip the counter and go directly to a podium to get on board. That is what we did in Florida no counter at all

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gah_cruise said:

Didn’t even need to wait for someone to go and get our medallions when we sailed from Southampton last year. We were “green lane” - showed our passports, had security photos taken (we uploaded them but apparently they weren’t ok) and were given a slip of paper which we presented at the next desk and were provided with our medallions. Probably 6-8 minutes total from starting the process. 

11 minutes ago, Martha1974 said:

Didn’t even need to wait for someone to go and get our medallions when we sailed from Southampton last year. We were “green lane” - showed our passports, had security photos taken (we uploaded them but apparently they weren’t ok) and were given a slip of paper which we presented at the next desk and were provided with our medallions. Probably 6-8 minutes total from starting the process. 

That may be unique to England   Here in the US I don’t see green lane until I order the medallion 

On 7/20/2023 at 7:50 AM, Martha1974 said:

We sail 16 Sept and I did ours yesterday - didn’t get and email to prompt but happened to be looking at the app and it let me do it. No QR code generated though (and we are Green Lane) so guessing the functionality just hasn’t been disabled yet. Got 11:30 group but might risk it and turn up earlier! 

Where did the prompt show up?  I checked our app and there is nothing showing us about boarding and we leave September 9. 

2 hours ago, Sun Queen II said:

Where did the prompt show up?  I checked our app and there is nothing showing us about boarding and we leave September 9. 

It’s no longer going to be active after Aug 1st.

On the App…

Personal information and documents 

move down to Suggested…

Arrivals

click on that, your ship, boarding times etc

My husband works at the Port of Vancouver checking in passengers.  There is no separate line up for Elite/Suite guests anymore for check in, everyone in the green or blue lane.  After check in there is priority boarding for Platinum, Elite and Suite, so you will board before others, but only after the check in lanes.  Captains Circle loyalty benefits does not only say 'priority boarding' and not check in under Platinum benefits.

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Piperpals said:

My husband works at the Port of Vancouver checking in passengers.  There is no separate line up for Elite/Suite guests anymore for check in, everyone in the green or blue lane.  After check in there is priority boarding for Platinum, Elite and Suite, so you will board before others, but only after the check in lanes.  Captains Circle loyalty benefits does not only say 'priority boarding' and not check in under Platinum benefits.

I am not sure how this will fly.  Guess it depends if no one is unduly held up, NBD.  Otherwise, I imagine complaints will be forthcoming.

• Like 1