MSC Excursions

NCteacherlovescruising

We have the World Europa booked next summer. They do not have very many excursions on our app yet. Is it because we will be in Europe or is it too early?  I read that they only add the excursion to the app in your language. Perhaps they don’t offer as many in English on the Mediterranean cruises.  At what point do they normally add all their excursions to the app?

Doesn't look like they are available to book yet. I wouldn't be concerned; no way would any cruise company miss an opportunity to upsell excursions 😉

In the mean time, it might be worthwhile looking at the port reviews elsewhere on this site. Pompeii, for example, I've read is easily accessible by public transport. Also - for my situation at least - a taxi may be a better bet for Mt Etna, given that the weather and hence views can be very variable.

• Like 1

Did you look at your online booking for your sailing to see what might be offered? We sailed on the MSC Splendida last year that has the "MSC for Me" app but this year we are sailing on the MSC Preziosa which does not. We just do everything online.

For the two MSC cruises we are about to do/done there have been at least eight different excursions available. Last year one excursion for Civitavecchia was cancelled as they did not reach the minimum participants, so we elected to just go into Rome for the day on a different excursion. But for this year's cruise we just booked the excursions for our September cruise in May. One port MSC still has not offered any ship excursions so we elected to book a private excursion. 

5 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Did you look at your online booking for your sailing to see what might be offered? We sailed on the MSC Splendida last year that has the "MSC for Me" app but this year we are sailing on the MSC Preziosa which does not. We just do everything online.

Yes, they have the same ones on he app. 

5 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

For the two MSC cruises we are about to do/done there have been at least eight different excursions available. Last year one excursion for Civitavecchia was cancelled as they did not reach the minimum participants, so we elected to just go into Rome for the day on a different excursion. But for this year's cruise we just booked the excursions for our September cruise in May. One port MSC still has not offered any ship excursions so we elected to book a private excursion. 

They have between 4-7 for each port for ours currently. We’re hoping some better ones show up.