Water bottle Fill ups

barriechris

Look, if Carnival asks you to follow a certain procedure,, please follow the procedure! They don't do it just to mess up your life. They have what they believe to be a good reason. 

People who pick and choose the rules they follow are what causes systems to break down. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would love to see Carnival install bottle filler taps on their Lido decks etc. I know space is limited and this is a big change involves plumbing etc. But it would be worth it for guests.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 8:22 AM, barriechris said:

Do Carnival ships have stations where you can fill up your own water bottles?

No worries.  Either the water stations will be designed for filling bottles or you can fill a glass and pour into your water bottle.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @barriechris🙂

Yes, Carnival ships have stations where you can fill your own water bottle.

🙂

Carnival does not have water bottle fill stations. Carnival has water dispensers for you to fill a cup that you can then pour into a water bottle.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2023 at 11:22 AM, barriechris said:

Do Carnival ships have stations where you can fill up your own water bottles?

Hi again @barriechris🙂

Yes, Carnival has (areas on the ship) that have water dispensers where you can fill your own water bottle. 

⬇️ In regards to this: Oh My....🤪

42 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival does not have water bottle fill stations. Carnival has water dispensers 

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2023 at 7:21 AM, mz-s said:

I would love to see Carnival install bottle filler taps on their Lido decks etc. I know space is limited and this is a big change involves plumbing etc. But it would be worth it for guests.

Where every single bottle filled is placed under the dispenser. Same as in airports and many other places. And no one ever complains about these because that is how you fill your water bottle. No different than placing your water bottle under the dispenser on a ship—except people will complain about unsubstantiated opinions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Where every single bottle filled is placed under the dispenser. Same as in airports and many other places. And no one ever complains about these because that is how you fill your water bottle. No different than placing your water bottle under the dispenser on a ship—except people will complain about unsubstantiated opinions.

Yes, a bottle filler like airports have past security (that governmentally secured water always tastes fresher somehow) or gyms have. I feel like I've seen them on Carnival ships before, but maybe not, and definitely not enough of them.

On 7/29/2023 at 7:21 AM, mz-s said:

10 hours ago, mz-s said:

Yes, a bottle filler like airports have past security (that governmentally secured water always tastes fresher somehow) or gyms have. I feel like I've seen them on Carnival ships before, but maybe not, and definitely not enough of them.

Why waste that money when they are no different than the dispensers presently used. You just have to press a button instead of the bottle triggering the dispensing.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Why waste that money when they are no different than the dispensers presently used. You just have to press a button instead of the bottle triggering the dispensing.

Because when you press the button, you are spreading noro. At least that's what I'm gathering from this thread.

All this fuss about water dispensers and Norovirus, and we have convinced no one to change their mind. Every cruise ship I've ever sailed has had a water dispenser in the cabin. Same water you shower, brush teeth and chase your medicine with. The only other person using that dispenser is the one I have been sharing water with for 40+ cruises. Never made either of us sick. Drink up. Enjoy your special time.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

Because when you press the button, you are spreading noro. At least that's what I'm gathering from this thread.

If your hand is infected, yes you could spread via the button. However, this discussion was about the unsupported idea that filling your water bottle under the dispenser(pushing the button with your finger) was somehow significantly less safe than using a clean cup to transfer the water to your bottle. But since you use that same finger to push the button……..And most water bottles hold more than one cup so using the same “clean” cup twice (after possibly touching your water bottle with it) would be just as “dangerous”.

And since it has not once been proven to be a source of contamination, it would be a waste of money to install bottle fillers.

Bottom line: Some people just like to complain when others do something different than they do. If it is different, it must be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/21/2023 at 1:33 PM, ray98 said:

Carnival should install bottle filling stations now that the trend is everyone having a water bottle within 2ft of them 24/7.

Water bottle filling stations are widely available.  Our local park has one.  It is a business decision- people prefer to purchase plastic disposable bottles 🙂 https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bottled-water-chemicals-health-risk_l_630d11bfe4b065bfc4b11085