Juneau Glacier Helicopter and Dog Sled Excursion

CJMini

We will be sailing Royal Caribbean Alaska June 2024.  There will be six adults and one child ( 10 yrs old ).  Very interested in an excursion which offers a helicopter ride to Hubbard Glacier, walk on the glacier ice, and then to a dog sled area to meet the dogs and ride on a sled.  Several helicopter companies have web pages.  Currently this type of excursion is not listed on Royal’s app for 2024.  Assuming the companies set up booking for just the current Alaska season?

Wondering if anyone has done this type of excursion?  I would appreciate any comments, suggestions and a company recommendation.  Also, did you book through Royal or on your own?

Thanks in advance,

CJ

The glacier with dogsledding is Mendenhall Glacier, not Hubbard. Mentioning this in case that is what you're searching for. It might be why you're not finding it? I did this excursion and booked it through Princess. It's hard to imagine RCI doesn't offer it, but then I'm not familiar with that cruise line. I believe the company that we went with was Temsco. You can book it on your own through them directly, but then you will need to get to their location on your own. Very worthwhile excursion!! Hope you get to do it.

There are numerous glacier dog sledding camps. Different tours go to different camps. If you book thru Royal you go to Norris glacier. The Coastal Helicopter tour goes to Herbert glacier. Temsco goes to Mendenhall.

They don't book for 2024 until next year., Not sure exactly when but if you call one of them they will give you a date.

The Royal tour is 1000 per person. If you book direct about 650 per person.

I would go to Trip Advisor and search reviews for the different tours. Also try Youtube for video reviews.

• Like 1