Upgrading classic to premium drink - just for one person

StellaTN

For our March 2023 Beyond cruise, I was able to call up Celebrity in January 2023 and use OBC to book an upgrade from Classic to Premium drink package, letting them know my hubby only drinks beer and it wouldn’t make sense for him to also upgrade. At the time, many were reporting with the recent price increase (I think it had just gone from $10 pp/pd to $15??) - they were supposed to have to book for the whole cabin, but many were getting around this by calling (including myself). 

Now, we are booked for March 2024 on Beyond (10-day this time) and I would still like to upgrade (even at the new $20 pp/pd price point) - and my hubby still does not need the upgrade.

I noticed that in the app, you can now actually do this yourself finally! But there is no option to upgrade just one person. Has anyone had any luck calling and upgrading just one person from classic to premium lately? (Since the app added the capability?). Looking for any advice on if this is still possible. (Please, no need to debate here on if it’s worth it - take that to another thread!)

Thanks! 

Technically, both passengers in the cabin are supposed to have the same beverage package. You would have to contact a rep that doesn't know or care about this rule and who knows how to get around it.

• Like 1

I upgraded myself back in November for the Reflection cruise I’m now on.

A couple of months ago I decided to upgrade my wife with the excess OBC.

I wish I had done both at the same time as the cost was some $40 cheaper way back!

I called in Feb or March for our March 2023 sailing.  We had the all-included so Classic package.  My husband doesn’t drink so was hoping to upgrade mine and was happy to move him to the non-alcoholic package if they required it.  They wouldn’t or couldn’t do it - honestly not sure if system wouldn’t let them because a couple different reps tried to help.  Either way I couldn’t upgrade just one 🙁.  It worked out okay though because drink service ended up being lousy on this particular sailing so I didn’t drink enough that it would have been worth it!

I call CC in advance of our May because my husband drinks one or two drinks per cruise and I like some of the selections of the premium package.  I was told NO but you can probably do it on board.  Tried the first day onboard, no soap!  I repeatedly mention to maître d’ and sommelier about the policy.  No luck!  I can live with the classic.  I only drink wine and on our NYE cruise, where I had premium, I am not sure if the wine was premium as I never recognized the label.