Early Disembarking from Southampton

JanetAlice

Two part question.

-We are arriving in Southampton at 6am. We are planning on walking off our luggage . Do you think it’s safe to have a private transfer arrive at 6:30am

-two others in our party have a later flight and want to disembark later. What time do people have to be off the ship by?  I’m thinking no later than 10:30am 

thank you. I’d call Princess but they are so difficult to get ahold of. 

Edited by JanetAlice

7 minutes ago, JanetAlice said:

Two part question.

-We are arriving in Southampton at 6am. We are planning on walking off our luggage . Do you think it’s safe to have a private transfer arrive at 6:30am

-two others in our party have a later flight and want to disembark later. What time do people have to be off the ship by?  I’m thinking no later than 10:30am 

You won't get a reliable answer from calling Princess HQ.  Best to go with experience of recent cruisers.  Off ship is generally not later than 9:30am.  You might be fine with the 6:30am.  You could adjust the time after asking at Guest Services after boarding.

9 minutes ago, JanetAlice said:

Two part question.

You should be able to fix your thread title within 20 minutes.  You should have made it more specific by asking earliest disembark time in Southampton.

• JanetAlice changed the title to Disembarking from Southampton
5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You should be able to fix your thread title within 20 minutes.  You should have made it more specific by asking earliest disembark time in Southampton.

Thank you. Excellent suggestion. 

• Like 1

• JanetAlice changed the title to Early Disembarking from Southampton
4 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

On July 19 we were in the first group after the walk off folks and we were in the terminal a few minutes before 7.  

Thank you Any chance you remember what time the walkoffs were departed the ship? We will be walking off. 

1 hour ago, JanetAlice said:

Two part question.

Also, great thread to check is the British Isles thread, ports of call.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/148-british-isleswestern-europe/

3 hours ago, JanetAlice said:

Two part question.

May I ask where you are getting the 6am from? If this is the docking time, there is a fair chance of a delay before disembarkation takes place as the ship has to wait for clearance from the post authorities.

As suggested earlier, customer services onboard will have the most accurate estimate for disembarkation time.

20 minutes ago, londonben said:

May I ask where you are getting the 6am from? If this is the docking time, there is a fair chance of a delay before disembarkation takes place as the ship has to wait for clearance from the post authorities.

As suggested earlier, customer services onboard will have the most accurate estimate for disembarkation time.

Yes docking time. I figured about 40-45 minutes. We are working on a private transfer so I need to give an estimated time. I will confirm again once I’m onboard. 

When we got off the 1st July they were advertising self disembarkation would start at 7am, but as they always say this depends on clearance so can be earlier or later.

We have been delayed getting off previously for a fire alarm in the luggage hall, plus I think the cruise before us was delayed getting off due to customs so 6.30 may be a bit early. 
We’ve also had it before where they wouldn’t let cars wait to pick people up if the passengers weren’t there they moved them on.

20 minutes ago, Stokie33 said:

When we got off the 1st July they were advertising self disembarkation would start at 7am, but as they always say this depends on clearance so can be earlier or later.

We have been delayed getting off previously for a fire alarm in the luggage hall, plus I think the cruise before us was delayed getting off due to customs so 6.30 may be a bit early. 
We’ve also had it before where they wouldn’t let cars wait to pick people up if the passengers weren’t there they moved them on.

Thanks for the info