New today - Extra Stuff in Princess Plus & Premier

52 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I think that loyalty stuff is being left alone or we might all .......

images.png.3ac168bca0fba947a0cf7819b7244430.png

I have looked on Princess and it is not saying anything about a 6 night minimum for that suite benefit, but the Asian medallion call centre bunny kept quoting it over and over, until I gave-up - said thanks for your time - ending call - goodbye. I might refer that to our T/A and see if he can get it in writing one way or the other.

I like the 'escape completely! Pun ☺️

Just looked up the "Suite Benefits PDF" on the Princess site and it does indeed refer to both the complimentary first night SD and the complimentary Mini Bar set up as only being applicable on cruises 6 nights or longer. 

Let us know after your next cruise if they apply that.

Also good to know for those in suites without a Package, or a package not upgraded, whether they charge room service charges for delivery to suites. For example, suite guests can order anything off MDR menus to their suite, but are they now going to charge room service fees each time?

4 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

I like the 'escape completely! Pun ☺️

Just looked up the "Suite Benefits PDF" on the Princess site and it does indeed refer to both the complimentary first night SD and the complimentary Mini Bar set up as only being applicable on cruises 6 nights or longer. 

Let us know after your next cruise if they apply that.

Also good to know for those in suites without a Package, or a package not upgraded, whether they charge room service charges for delivery to suites. For example, suite guests can order anything off MDR menus to their suite, but are they now going to charge room service fees each time?

It was the shelving of The Bistro that removed the 1st night dining voucher, so I think under normal terms that whatever you booked with will be honoured - I HOPE. We also have a February suite on Coral, and the 1st night Bayou voucher is still in place. 

I was thinking of the mini bar referring to elite but had forgotten about the suite bit. Do you know when the 6 night qualification was added? If they can apply that the plus/premier packages are set to the time of booking, it should jolly well apply the same for suite bookings. I can't imagine they would dare charge for suite delivery - or would they?

46 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It was the shelving of The Bistro that removed the 1st night dining voucher, so I think under normal terms that whatever you booked with will be honoured - I HOPE. We also have a February suite on Coral, and the 1st night Bayou voucher is still in place. 

I was thinking of the mini bar referring to elite but had forgotten about the suite bit. Do you know when the 6 night qualification was added? If they can apply that the plus/premier packages are set to the time of booking, it should jolly well apply the same for suite bookings. I can't imagine they would dare charge for suite delivery - or would they?

Let's hope sense prevails.

Re the suite flyer pdf, I also have a printout of it dated March 2022 and that version rules same as current. So they have chosen not to apply it to the letter up until now, and most likely they'll still be staying with that. 

You may still benefit from the 1st night SD. For our three night cruises, we booked using the App before cruise at no charge, and when we boarded there was still the voucher for first night in suite to take to your choice of speciality restaurant.  Even if booked out, just mention suite and they'll find a table. They must keep some aside.

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

So I've read the link that Geoff put up regarding the new packages but still I'm a little confused. We booked our cruise for January 2024 in March 2022. We got the plus package at $30 as many others did.  I can't work out if I'm going to be charged for a room service cup of tea or coffee for instance if I don't upgrade. I'm definitely not upgrading so what do you all think? In my eyes I didn't think they could change the contract once agreed on🤔

On face value, you will get the Plus package as it was ($30/40/50 version. No idea on the room service charge except:

If you order your coffee/tea on the card for breakfast and hang it on your doorknob the night before, there is no charge,

- If you order it via the medallion app, there will be a service charge. If that is something you will do often, it would be much cheaper to pay for a one-off delivery activation charge than it would be to pay the extra $35 per night. I think the $US charge will translate to around $AU22, but I would be one of many lined up at the desk to try to get it reversed.

As it is, I have the semi-old $85 premier package for our next cruise, and am in a suite, but it looks like if we want cabin delivery through the app that we will be facing an additional charge. Our 1/2 world cruise in 2025 got a bit better, and the $65 plus will give us some extra that we weren't expecting, that is as long as the Prix Fixe menu is worth dining-out for.

6 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

Let's hope sense prevails.

Re the suite flyer pdf, I also have a printout of it dated March 2022 and that version rules same as current. So they have chosen not to apply it to the letter up until now, and most likely they'll still be staying with that. 

You may still benefit from the 1st night SD. For our three night cruises, we booked using the App before cruise at no charge, and when we boarded there was still the voucher for first night in suite to take to your choice of speciality restaurant.  Even if booked out, just mention suite and they'll find a table. They must keep some aside.

When booking, we scored 3 vouchers for 3 nights, as there is 2 from the premier package as well. Our bistro booking was cancelled for night two, which leaves bookings in place for night one & three, and the call centre bunny saying we are only entitled to the two premier ones anyway. With the 3rd voucher removed from the system, I don't expect to see 3 vouchers in cabin, and I will settle for the other night in the dining room. 

Yes, I hope that is just a voucher blip in the system, and the short cruises still get the existing benefits.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, arxcards said:

This is a direct link to the attachment on post 1, and a bit more detail than the press release.

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/au/news/AUTrade-PrincessPlusandPremierEnhancements27-July2023.pdf

Thank you for this link, I was able to get my head around their terminology/the concept of OceanNow service, and I think I have clarified my queries - I think the one-off activation fee per guest applies to any deliveries of food, snacks or drinks ordered via the app to stateroom or your location around the ship, ie by the pool, and in addition there will be a room service charge each time a room service order is placed via stateroom telephone. Presumably then, and it would be arguable, orders placed electronically via the stateroom TV or your app, would not incur the room service charge.

@joejoe 59, here are the notices as printed on each of my upcoming booking confirmations, the latest update printed just a week or so ago - it states that the booking is subject to the terms and conditions relevant at the time you made the booking.

Screenshot_20230730-184526_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jean C said:

PS, I am looking at OceanNow from the perspective of standard bookings, not plus or premier.

Any of the pre $65 plus and pre $95 premier would appear to be in the same boat as a standard booking.

6 hours ago, Jean C said:

It's a bit disappointing re OceanNow activation fee considering all the hype about it when the medallion app was launched 🙁

That's one change they should grandfather in to all Plus and Premier fares, regardless of when it was booked. It's annoying to find you've booked something in good faith a year or so ago then they change the rules so what you think you've paid for isn't what you'll get. And don't get me started on the wines again ...

1 hour ago, ~*Lou*~ said:

They haven't updated the Princess website yet - this is a screen shot of "what is included for a standard fare" on the 8th January 2024 sailing to NZ which we are booked on:

image.thumb.png.eeb383e3c37045fee4ec038068ae1fac.png

You would think that Princess would update their website before they make all these ridiculous changes! Obviously that’s all too hard for them. Vicki. 🫣🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's one change they should grandfather in to all Plus and Premier fares, regardless of when it was booked. It's annoying to find you've booked something in good faith a year or so ago then they change the rules so what you think you've paid for isn't what you'll get. And don't get me started on the wines again ...

It should also be grandfathered for standard bookings. For Plus & Premier, the changes affect anyone that booked that way prior to the price increase in December. For anyone booking standard, it affects everyone, including those that booked last week.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, arxcards said:

It should also be grandfathered for standard bookings. For Plus & Premier, the changes affect anyone that booked that way prior to the price increase in December. For anyone booking standard, it affects everyone, including those that booked last week.

I totally agree - the medallion app hype included ordering food and drinks and it would find you. Not something I would use personally but I don't agree with the activation fee all the same.

15 hours ago, arxcards said:

It should also be grandfathered for standard bookings. For Plus & Premier, the changes affect anyone that booked that way prior to the price increase in December.

I agree, not sure how much it would cost to upgrade now, but its maybe a sneaky way of getting people to pay the new package rate? As im sure the upgrade cost will be based on the new rate, so effectively you end up paying that new rate as the total cost.

We booked about 18 months ago with the Plus package, had no correspondence from Princess that they have made changes (twice now!) had i not seen it here we could of easily taken the cruise and inadvertently got additional charges thinking as we had the plus package it was included! Go to say Alfredos and they tell you that they have a surcharge now unless you are on a plus/premier package you would assume you are covered.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 3:21 PM, arxcards said:

On face value, you will get the Plus package as it was ($30/40/50 version. No idea on the room service charge except:

If you order your coffee/tea on the card for breakfast and hang it on your doorknob the night before, there is no charge,

- If you order it via the medallion app, there will be a service charge. If that is something you will do often, it would be much cheaper to pay for a one-off delivery activation charge than it would be to pay the extra $35 per night. I think the $US charge will translate to around $AU22, but I would be one of many lined up at the desk to try to get it reversed.

As it is, I have the semi-old $85 premier package for our next cruise, and am in a suite, but it looks like if we want cabin delivery through the app that we will be facing an additional charge. Our 1/2 world cruise in 2025 got a bit better, and the $65 plus will give us some extra that we weren't expecting, that is as long as the Prix Fixe menu is worth dining-out for.

I think everyone on the old priced drinks package should go to the service desk & ask for activation charge to be removed,  just on principle. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

I agree, not sure how much it would cost to upgrade now, but its maybe a sneaky way of getting people to pay the new package rate? As im sure the upgrade cost will be based on the new rate, so effectively you end up paying that new rate as the total cost.

We booked about 18 months ago with the Plus package, had no correspondence from Princess that they have made changes (twice now!) had i not seen it here we could of easily taken the cruise and inadvertently got additional charges thinking as we had the plus package it was included! Go to say Alfredos and they tell you that they have a surcharge now unless you are on a plus/premier package you would assume you are covered.

Yep, we have a premier package for Majestic in November, but as it was booked last year, we will be charged if we want to eat at Alfredo's and also score the Ocean Now activation charge. People with a current Plus package of $65 per day will have that included, while my $85 per day for last years' Premier will not have them included.

Surely, they will have to moderate or transition the changes amid a lot of backlash from otherwise loyal customers. I could pay the extra $10ea per diem to upgrade and get Alfedo's and the service charge included as well as the sugar intense desserts, fitness classes & reserved seats, but I won't be. I bought a drink package, so they can keep all the other crud and not charge me for what was included at the time I booked. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 10:41 AM, capriccio said:

As I read the other posts, Alfredos will now have a 3 course fixed price option for USD$15/AUD$22 and other items on the menu will be a la carte.  No word on how much a pizza alone will cost. 

$12 for pizza ala cart.  

On 7/29/2023 at 4:36 AM, timetraveller said:

That is a change they are rolling out with the new program. Alfredo's will now be a surcharge based dining venue for folks without a package. And Plus only gets two casual dining meals included.

So with plus I can only go to Alfredo’s twice after that it’s an up charge? That’s ridiculous. With premier is it unlimited casual dining? 
I am not paying an up charge for Ocean Ready. They must be out of their minds, I just won’t use it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Auscruisefam said:

So with plus I can only go to Alfredo’s twice after that it’s an up charge? That’s ridiculous. With premier is it unlimited casual dining? 
I am not paying an up charge for Ocean Ready. They must be out of their minds, I just won’t use it. 

Yes, the current version of Premier ($95 - 2023) is unlimited "casual dining". Premier booked last year for $85 (or less) doesn't include "casual dining".

Just curious with this and has anyone either upgraded or called to find out the cost? We booked when the plus package was an additional $40pp and was really just WiFi and Drinks package BUT no upcharge for these dinning venues or room service fees, now its $65pp so if we did upgrade (which we wont!) will we be charged the difference to what we paid and the new price, being $25pp per day? All the website says is you can upgrade, to call etc and do so.

Mybe my biggest gripe with this, is that Princess offered these packages at a great price after COVID to get the bookings rolling in which i expect it did, they now seem to be trying to claw back money, but surely if i booked the package when it was $40 and paid the deposit, back then i booked believing things like Alfredos and Room service was INCLUDED, if Princess want to change this then fair enough but do so for NEW bookings as of when this was announced, not try and penalize those who booked these packages in good faith.

I won't hold my breath on them doing so though.

Will continue to book Princess regardless and if making a booking today would go with the Plus package at $65, its still good value IMO, but that's not the point with my gripe with these changes in regard to those of us who booked many months if not years ago and at the time were putting our faith in Princess after COVID.

• Like 2