Simply More - booking excursions

Harters

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I couldnt find it.

In the past,  with O Choice, we've taken the excursion option booking, say, three trips, all of which had to be from the "basic" group. Of course, we could then pay for  any additional excursions

My presumption, with SM, is that we will have a credit, which we can spend on any available excursion, without being restricted to just the basic ones. So we could use it to book, say, an "O Exclusive" trip. Is this correct?

TIA

John

You are correct. On our November Sirena cruise we were able to book two of the expensive excursions. Also, pay attention to the number of excursions needed to get the 25% discount. We still have some $$$ left but have all the ports covered between Simply More and private tours. I would book the excursions you want sooner rather than later as everyone will be grabbing excursions so they may sell out. We had our TA book our excursions to make it easier. We had already booked some excursions and wanted them switched over. I could have done it but she made it less stressful. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

I converted 2024 Norway Iceland Greenland cruise (25 nights) on Marina to Simply More. Went on line on last week when excursion booking period opened and reserved $4700 worth of excursions. Very easy to do. Got every excursion we wanted and used all $1800 Simply More excursion credit plus another $400 in other onboard credit. Nice to not have to front that money a year in advance. Shore excursion credit benefit works especially well for cruises like this where you are traveling to very remote locations and ship excursions are pretty much your only option. Not always great for others like 11 night Caribbean cruise on Vista we have planned for next January. A bit of a challenge to use all of our shore excursion credit for that one.

• Like 1

Many thanks, both.

Now it's just a matter of whether we can go forward with the transatlantic we have in mind. Just had a quote from our travel insurers which more than doubles an already expensive policy, simply by adding in the few days spent in America and the Caribbean. It brought a sharp intake of breath from both of us. 

Sorry about this question - it even seems silly to me but I just wondered if the Shore Excursion Credit can only be used for shore excursions or can it be spent on board similar to other on board credits. 

11 minutes ago, AllanWW said:

Sorry about this question - it even seems silly to me but I just wondered if the Shore Excursion Credit can only be used for shore excursions or can it be spent on board similar to other on board credits. 

Shore Excursion credit  is for EXCURSIONS ONLY