Scarlet Lady: All retail shops including Booty Free are empty (July 30 sailing)

AdoraBelle

2 hours ago, Sherry84 said:

Refresh my memory but "sailor loot" can NOT be used for drinks/bar tab, correct? 

WRONG. Loot can be used for anything purchased on the ship.  The only thing not included is future cruise certificates. Loot can be used on excursions booked after you board, not on those booked in advance.

Bar tab can only be used on beverages that have a charge, but is not limited to alcoholic beverages (good on smoothies, specialty tea and coffee, cold pressed juice, and non-alcoholic bar drinks). Bar tab can be used on pairings in Test Kitchen or Bottomless brunch in Wake or RD but cannot be used on activities that include alcohol as they are billed as activities, not bar. (like grog walk). Bar tab must be purchased 3 days before embarkation (cannot be purchased after boarding).  But....when ordering a drink, it will be first applied to bar tab till that is used up, then to loot, and when that is all gone, to your credit card.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jon81uk said:

Valiant had a sunglasses store from day one, the same space on Scarlet is the MAC cosmetics.

Valiant had a sunglass store, but during the April 2023 TA it was closed while they did the changeover to the new supplier.  It reopened on the last night of the TA.  We were eagerly waiting because we had loot and wanted to get some good sunglasses.  It even seemed like the same brands...but from a different place.

23 hours ago, Sherry84 said:

Refresh my memory but "sailor loot" can NOT be used for drinks/bar tab, correct? 

Absolutely it can be used for drinks. I'm not sure why it wouldn't. It's cash.  It's the Bar Tab that cannot be used for retail. 

As for the retail partner that story was reported back in April / May of this year. Here's one of the stories.

https://www.cruisehive.com/virgin-voyages-details-retail-changes-with-new-partner/100550

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sayra said:

Do I just walk into one of the shops and ask to see their secret selection? 🤣

I'm not sure if the new contractors have them or not.

Last year they were on display during the Med season, but tucked away during Miami based sailings. Chit-chat with a store staff member you'd feel comfortable speaking to about such things.

These days everything seems to be USB chargeable, so you won't have to worry about packing extra batteries. Enjoy your cruise! 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

I'd love to see photos of the non-logo merchandise. A lot of the logo merch is stuff I saw week before last, before the shutdown. (There are new items, too, to be fair.)

@AdoraBelle some examples of the stores on board Scarlet Lady

9D7B48B6-56EF-4212-BD98-8D57C44C86A2.jpeg

780807C5-9976-441B-90D7-51D11F387B01.jpeg

ADA1E4C3-59DD-41D1-871D-1BB3566A8F2E.jpeg

71498792-B4FB-4030-B4A2-0E063D2B5213.jpeg

• Like 1

i'm curious to see how long the LV resale store lasts.  on resilient, it looked like most of the bags on offer were "open box" things that people bought in retail stores, changed their minds and returned.  a lot of them were being sold close to retail price.  they weren't the interesting "vintage" or "preloved" products that i expected to see. 

i thought they were marketing it as a sustainable secondhand shopping option, but it seems like it's just a way for LVMH to monetize their retail returns!

• Haha 1