Formal Dress

Ladydee

10 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

For the life of me, given exorbitant baggage fees and limited weights on bags, I don't understand why people would take up valuable luggage space (and weight) by packing evening gowns, suits, etc.

American Airlines gives the two of us a total of 6 bags up to 70 lbs each for free.... if we want. We don't want. 

• Like 1

On this subject- life is humdrum enough that I don't have to (or want to) wear my daily "rags" on a cruise. The daily uniform of t-shirt and jeans gets left at home for the duration of a multi-thousand dollar cruise, and the pretty things come out of the closet.  Sure, it's nice to be comfortable during the day- but it's also wise to take advantage of enjoying those beautiful backdrops you get at sea, whether it be a sunset on the aft or the ambiance of the main dining room outfitted with brass and crystal chandeliers. Photos aside, we get old soon enough, with few enough chances to enjoy the special treatment afforded a cruise passenger. Besides for that, the flicker of pleasure in my husband's eyes is worth the extra 10 minutes required.

• Like 3

There's casual wear, and then there's "don't wear" wear. I'll never forget years ago when we were at a wake for my grandfather. One of my cousins was dating a guy who wore a baseball cap. OK, not really appropriate for a funeral gathering, but still. The cap referred to a team known as the South Carolina Gamecocks, only the "game' portion was not there. My father asked him to remove it, and he did. There's casual, and then there's crude. Even on a cruise, crude is just rude!