Naples port

jennmaybe

We will be in Naples until 7 PM and we would like to have dinner off the ship. We are looking for some really good pizza and some even better cannolis. Any suggestions on restaurants and bakeries around the Port area?

Thank you in advance! 😄

For a 7 PM departure you'll need to be on board by 6:30, and dinner isn't served in Naples until 7 or later.  It might be better to try for lunch.

As for the cannoli, Italian food is very regional and cannoli are Sicilian.  Sfogliatelle and zeppole are more Neapolitan specialties.  

Gran Cafe Gambrinus is walking distance from the cruise port (three-quarters of a mile), maybe take a look at what they offer?  Website here:  Pasticceria | Gran Caffè Gambrinus (grancaffegambrinus.com)

Another possibility is Gran Gusto, a big gourmet store also within walking distance of the port (a little over a half mile):  Pizza bread and desserts - Gran Gusto (gran-gusto.it)

• Thanks 1

Yes, seasoned cruiser here, so I know what time we need to be back on board by.  😄

I am Italian and am very aware of regional and such, as well as cannolis.  This is my first time in Italy and I want pizza and cannolis everywhere I am.  We are just looking to grab some pizza before getting back on the ship.  I’ve checked numerous pizza places within a mile from the port and most of them appear to be open during the time we will be looking to grab the pizza.  I was just looking for some recommendations.

Thank ya’ll for the suggestions!

On 8/2/2023 at 1:57 AM, jennmaybe said:

We are looking for some really good pizza and some even better cannolis. Any suggestions on restaurants and bakeries around the Port area?

Here in Edinburgh we have a Sicilian Bakery, although across the city from us so we only indulge in our cannolis once in a while, which is also better for our waistlines!

It gave me an idea though, and I googled Sicilian Bakery in Naples and this one popped up in the results..  It is apparently close to the port and has some lovely reviews on tripadvisor for authentic cooking.  I think it may be more of a restaurant now but could be worth checking anyway.

Dolcezze Siciliane di Busiello

Piazzale Immacolatella Vecchia, Naples port

Edited by edinburgher
  • Thanks 1

Just back and I MUST recommend yo go to OWAP Pizzeria. We were there during the heat wave last month and it was a godsend that they have AC( as if you can sit in the back room) a beautiful dining room, excellent service, and amazing Pizza! Do not miss this place! Many of the recommended places are just takeaway or you're sitting outside on the sidewalk. This was so much nicer to be inside in the calm atmosphere enjoying the food. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/zjPBTuWgtaiZybW28

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jb12 said:

How far is the nearest metro station in Naples?  Google map suggest to take subway. to Pizzeria

Naples is very walkable, no need to take the subway. 

Screenshot_20230813-201851.png

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

That's a 30 min walk away from the cruise port. 

Is it still not 'nicest' area.  Lat time we were in Naples Piazza Garibaldi wasn't even cruise map.  Wouldn't metro be faster?

16 minutes ago, jb12 said:

Is it still not 'nicest' area.  Lat time we were in Naples Piazza Garibaldi wasn't even cruise map.  Wouldn't metro be faster?

It depends on what's your purpose. We just spent four hours walking around Naples last month and I was wonderful. We got some of the major sights, had a wonderful lunch, and walked some of the historical and oldest parts of Naples. We made a big circle and felt we saw many neighborhoods which I haven't been to on previous trips. If all you're interested is going straight to a particular restaurant from the Port you can always take a taxi both ways. Of course if you don't have the ability to walk too far that's understandable. But Naples city center is a wonderful place to explore, and never once did we feel unsafe. Areas like Spaccanapoli were new neighborhoods we explored that were fascinating to wander through. https://maps.app.goo.gl/ikhhyzYmuuKAKSaF9

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

Last time we were in Naples we walked from Naples port to Piazza Garibaldi straight on one street.  But it was early in the morning.  There were bunch of homeless in the piazza and one guy look like dead, i hope he was asleep, right under monument of Garibaldi.  It's been a few years but memory still stays.  From there we went up the street and walk by Archeological Museum.  This time we want to go on the train from Piazza Garibaldi (or Napoli Centrale) and on the way back go to my wife's pizzeria.