Bermuda November Cruises

Annies88

Has anyone cruised to Bermuda from NYC in November for the five day cruise? Not sure if this is new itinerary. I am looking to get an idea of the temperature on the way back the day we leave around dinner time. I realize temperatures and weather can always vary but I am just trying to get an idea so I know if dinner on the balcony is even remotely an option. 

2 hours ago, Annies88 said:

Has anyone cruised to Bermuda from NYC in November for the five day cruise? Not sure if this is new itinerary. 

Not a new itinerary, NCL has done this in recent years ... thousands cruised to/from BDA out of NY since then.  It's a quick and fast run to get there and back - always a chance of running into weather fronts / coastal Noreaster (still, within hurricane seasonally)  Looks like you are doing this in early November so weather should be fine & reasonably warm, no guarantees whatsoever - at mother nature's mercy.  We've done a # of early/Fall cruises there, including 2 Halloween ones - seas can be calm & flat but also rode thru nearly gale-force storms with 30' plus waves.  

Temps in the mid/60's to high of mid 70's on average, here is BDA's official weather portal & you can retrieve historical data from prior years to look at the details - http://www.weather.bm/climate.asp

Dinner on your Escape's private balcony ?? really, good luck since the standard baloncies are mightly petite (translation - tiny and ultra small) but doable, the tiny table on your micro "porch" does fit 2 wine glasses or tall cups just fine.  Better yet, probably okay to sit out on the waterfront if you plan for early dinner at Cagney's or La Cucina, Ocean Blue, etc. while making her way out thru the narrow coral reef channel toward St. George's before turning east & north for NY ... might be a bit too early with 3 pm Atlantic Time sailaway.  

Enjoy your cruise & cheers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Annies88 said:

Has anyone cruised to Bermuda from NYC in November for the five day cruise? Not sure if this is new itinerary. I am looking to get an idea of the temperature on the way back the day we leave around dinner time. I realize temperatures and weather can always vary but I am just trying to get an idea so I know if dinner on the balcony is even remotely an option. 

Maybe dinner on the balcony in Bermuda, but not at sea........

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Not a new itinerary, NCL has done this in recent years ... thousands cruised to/from BDA out of NY since then.  It's a quick and fast run to get there and back - always a chance of running into weather fronts / coastal Noreaster (still, within hurricane seasonally)  Looks like you are doing this in early November so weather should be fine & reasonably warm, no guarantees whatsoever - at mother nature's mercy.  We've done a # of early/Fall cruises there, including 2 Halloween ones - seas can be calm & flat but also rode thru nearly gale-force storms with 30' plus waves.  

Temps in the mid/60's to high of mid 70's on average, here is BDA's official weather portal & you can retrieve historical data from prior years to look at the details - http://www.weather.bm/climate.asp

Dinner on your Escape's private balcony ?? really, good luck since the standard baloncies are mightly petite (translation - tiny and ultra small) but doable, the tiny table on your micro "porch" does fit 2 wine glasses or tall cups just fine.  Better yet, probably okay to sit out on the waterfront if you plan for early dinner at Cagney's or La Cucina, Ocean Blue, etc. while making her way out thru the narrow coral reef channel toward St. George's before turning east & north for NY ... might be a bit too early with 3 pm Atlantic Time sailaway.  

Enjoy your cruise & cheers. 

Thank you. I’m in a large haven after balcony which I have had the last few cruises so I’m not worried about space. I’ve been to Bermuda a couple of times but in spring and summer so fall cruising is new to me. Cruising, cruising NCL not so much. First time platinum so looking forward to those perks. 

2 minutes ago, Annies88 said:

Thank you. I’m in a large haven after balcony which I have had the last few cruises so I’m not worried about space. I’ve been to Bermuda a couple of times but in spring and summer so fall cruising is new to me. Cruising, cruising NCL not so much. First time platinum so looking forward to those perks. 

I assume after is aft? Oh, 13902 is my favorite ever cruise ship room on Getaway. Such a large balcony (and it's almost the smallest of the aft suite balconies). I can't imagine having the one on deck 9! Which ship will you be on?

Enjoy your cruise! 

55 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I assume after is aft? Oh, 13902 is my favorite ever cruise ship room on Getaway. Such a large balcony (and it's almost the smallest of the aft suite balconies). I can't imagine having the one on deck 9! Which ship will you be on?

Enjoy your cruise! 

Yes. Darn autocorrect! I will be on the Escape. I have been on the Breakaway on deck nine which I think may be bigger based on the video I saw of my room on Escape. The spreadsheet someone did does not include the Escape balcony sizes and oddly enough NCL doesn't separate out the Escape balcony like BA & GA into aft & aft w/large balcony (Hopefully they won't see this and pick up on that!). Also deck nine on Encore which also seems smaller than the BA balcony. I have a bid for the Deluxe Owners with large balcony but I am undecided if I want to keep the bid. Cruise is for the BF's birthday, hence wanting dinner on the balcony (He wouldn't want the attention in a restaurant). I really love the Aft, watching the water and also our friends are two rooms over. But if it is cold the DO Suite inside dining would be better. 

I went on the Joy the week after Thanksgiving in 2022.  As a previous poster said the first and last sea days will be cold.  Bermuda was comfortable (60s/70s), but nothing like the Spring or Summer.  I remember that Thanksgiving Day was the best weather of all where I was able to spend quality time in the Vibe without wearing a jacket.

• Like 1