Venezia July 25th - Aug 2nd - Mini Review

steveknj

18 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

How was your cruise?

We enjoyed for the most part, had our kids 27 & 26 plus their friends.

7 of us which made it funny at times.

We had an aft wrap in the Terrazza area where we spent most of the time during the day!

Have two 11 day cruises booked for next year on her in the same cabin.

Considering changing the second though to a different port after we see how the first 11 day goes,  as we came across many rude & obnoxious people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thesmiths said:

We enjoyed for the most part, had our kids 27 & 26 plus their friends.

7 of us which made it funny at times.

We had an aft wrap in the Terrazza area where we spent most of the time during the day!

Have two 11 day cruises booked for next year on her in the same cabin.

Considering changing the second though to a different port after we see how the first 11 day goes,  as we came across many rude & obnoxious people.

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it for the most part. I wish people would relax and stop taking their vacations for granted. Everyone would have more fun if they just left their bad attitudes at home.

I have 2 trips booked on Venezia and they’re both 12 days. Most people think the longer sailings usually have a more laid back crowd. I hope they’re right for both of our sakes!

On 9/7/2023 at 7:47 PM, ftelah said:

We are kind of lost at what the best way to get from the airport directly to the cruise port other than my husband had seen that we are better off being dropped off across the street from the port instead waiting in the line to be dropped off right at the port. We were hoping to also be able to go by somewhere like a Wal Mart or Walgreens or something to get some wine and soda to take on the ship but again we have not been in the area to know anything about how the most efficient and smart way to do that after we get off the plane and head to the cruise terminal. If anyone has any suggestions it will be greatly appreciated as my experience in NY was not a good one when we drove through there several years ago so I have been rather dreading it. Thank you for any and all help!

If you tell the taxi driver to drop you off on 12th Avenue and 48th Street, you will be just outside the terminal, after crossing the street if you approach from the south. Give your big bags to the port personnel collecting them and proceed to the elevators up to the terminal check-in level.

What I think people are trying to tell you to avoid is the elevated ramp entered from the north (beige on this screenshot).

Trying to stop at a store on the way while a driver waits, in Midtown Manhattan, is not a good idea. Better to pre-order from Carnival wine and soda delivered to your stateroom, or pick something up at the airport.

image.thumb.png.7164865e5af41d0a77277038fa8589ea.png

3 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it for the most part. I wish people would relax and stop taking their vacations for granted. Everyone would have more fun if they just left their bad attitudes at home.

I have 2 trips booked on Venezia and they’re both 12 days. Most people think the longer sailings usually have a more laid back crowd. I hope they’re right for both of our sakes!

Enjoy, if you're like us we have fun no matter what is going on!

• Like 1