Venice Italy to Ravenna, Italy Port Transfer

Sam13010

• This subject is not getting any response, but it is a huge concern. 

We have a group of 50 going from Venice to the Ravenna Port in May 2024 on a Celebrity Cruise that I cannot seem to find the answers. We will have been in Venice for 3 days so we would like to get on the ship around lunch.

1. I understand Celebrity has bus service from the Venice Tronchetto transportation hub. Is that correct? or From the Airport? or Both?

2. What is the One-way cost of the bus? I have read on a blog $45-$50 One way but asking.

3. What time do the buses leave. I have heard 9, 11, and 1. (One cruiser replied saying every 1.5 hours starting at 9:00 AM)

Not getting any response where?  I agree, reach out directly to the cruise line.  I would imagine that this must be pre-arranged, you can't just show up and expect to get on the bus.

With 50 people, you might also look into chartering your own bus.

Edited by euro cruiser
  • Like 1

It's 55 per person each way from Tronchetto/Venice City Center as they call it, but honestly get your own bus. You need to give X your flight info and if you booked thru Air2Sea, and you're obviously arriving early, you CANNOT take their shuttle from the airport.  If you have your own air, you can, but you'll have to give them fake flight info for one that arrives that day.  

Call X and ask the timings for each bus but for 50 people, get your own bus, or 2 that way you can stop en route.  Comfort stops are not always given with X, (I didn't get one going from Ravenna to Tronchetto, other buses did.)

Chances are you'll save money and time looking on your own.  If you booked a group thru a TA, ask them for help.

It's a 2-2.5 hour trip depending on traffic. 

Edited by megr1125

I'm assuming you'd rather go from Venice rather than Venice airport as your post suggests you'll be there.

I can't confirm what Celebrity is going to be doing next year, but I can tell you that my experience was very good with their shuttle bus from Venice last October.

At that time, Celebrity offered two (not three) departure times from the Tronchetto parking area. I believe the times were something like 9:00 and 11:00 though I am not completely sure. It could've been slightly different. Perhaps there were only two options because I was on Constellation, a smaller ship.

The transfer cost was 47 euro or around $50. I stayed on Piazzale Roma so it was very easy to get myself and my luggage to and on the People Mover, which goes directly to Tronchetto. The Celebrity staging area was right at the base of the People Mover, so no problem locating it or getting to it. 

There were staff there checking off names and then lining people up. (I opted for the later time.) I'd say there were 3 or 4 busses total but it was clear you needed to have pre-reserved. It was all pretty well organized.

One word of warning -- the trip took just over 2.5 hours, and despite being told that a "comfort stop" was planned, it didn't happen. So be prepared for that. There is a public restroom at Tronchetto, if needed before boarding the bus.

• Like 1