Camp Ocean Embarkation Day

Aoumd

Just registered my son for Camp Ocean as part of the cruise check-in process, and was curious when the activities start.

In the past I recall embarkation day being when kids would get registered on board, with activities starting the following morning...but this was in 2019 on a six-night cruise.

My son and I are sailing on a four night cruise on the Paradise in a few weeks, and I was curious if they do the kids' dinner or evening activities on the first night of the cruise.  My son will be a Stingray this time, he was a Penguin in 2019.

My son has fond memories of Camp Ocean from 2019, so I was curious when that fun could start for him.

Any info would be great.  Thanks!

In our couple experiences since restart, they have an open house/onboard registration when boarding and then open at 7:00.  Our kiddos were not taken for meals (lunch or dinner).  However, yes they will have night time activities the first night and our kiddos make a point to go that night to meet their cruise friends.  The sessions  are 4 hour blocks like 8-12, 1:30-530 and 7-10 or something like that. Night Owls is still a thing.  Our kiddos had a blast.

Closer to the restart you had to make a reservation and could only do the morning or afternoon session.  They have stopped this requirement.

• Like 1

On the Vista last month, we had preregistered and were going by embarkation night just to check it out and they were actually open, so we dropped our Penguins off for just an hour or so to get them used to it /see how they liked it.  Five year old loved it and two year old liked it but hes a little on the shy side.

• Like 1