Lots of questions re: changing reservation

Vellamint

Good morning.  I hope someone can help me as I am stumped on the best way to go about what I need to do. 

Originally booked with a friend who had to cancel due to medical issues. Given a Future Cruise credit. 

I had another cruise booked. Can I apply my portion of the credit to that cruise.  The wording says new booking so …. No?  I don’t know. 

I need to change the cabin to accommodate 3 instead of 2.  Will that be a problem?  It’s almost $300 more pp as the prices went up since originally booked. 

I'm wondering if it would just be better to cancel and lose my original $100 Deposit in order to be able to use my $250 future cruise credit.  Am I missing something?

booked online. No TA. No PVP

I switched cabins and lost the original rate…but I did upgrade us to an extended balcony.  I did not get penalized for changing it and I was able to apply my cruise credit.  

I was on the phone for hours literally though. But it’s all good. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Vellamint said:

I switched cabins and lost the original rate…but I did upgrade us to an extended balcony.  I did not get penalized for changing it and I was able to apply my cruise credit.  

I was on the phone for hours literally though. But it’s all good. 

Good to hear that you found a cooperative and capable phone agent.

On 8/5/2023 at 11:00 AM, Vellamint said:

Good morning.  I hope someone can help me as I am stumped on the best way to go about what I need to do. 

Originally booked with a friend who had to cancel due to medical issues. Given a Future Cruise credit. 

I had another cruise booked. Can I apply my portion of the credit to that cruise.  The wording says new booking so …. No?  I don’t know. 

I need to change the cabin to accommodate 3 instead of 2.  Will that be a problem?  It’s almost $300 more pp as the prices went up since originally booked. 

I'm wondering if it would just be better to cancel and lose my original $100 Deposit in order to be able to use my $250 future cruise credit.  Am I missing something?

booked online. No TA. No PVP

The last line says it all.