Live from Ventura

SarahHben

29 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Hi Sarah I was on Ventura last year and you could not walk round the ship on the promenade deck do you know if it’s still the same as I am going on her next year.

You do need to climb a short flight of stairs to go around the front of the ship, but other than this there is a full wrap round promenade deck.  However in high seas or strong winds they often close off the stairs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You do need to climb a short flight of stairs to go around the front of the ship, but other than this there is a full wrap round promenade deck.  However in high seas or strong winds they often close off the stairs.

Yes we were on Ventura 2015/16 and I remember walking all the way round then but last year it was taped off I did ask about it and was told that staff were using it, glad it has changed do like to be able to walk all around with out having to cut through, when I was on Arvia this year a lot of the time the front was taped off because of high winds even though it didn’t seem that windy. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Can you remember whether the doors closest to the promenade deck stairs, that wheelchair users would need to use as a cut through in order to do a ‘lap’ of the deck, are automated?

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Can you remember whether the doors closest to the promenade deck stairs, that wheelchair users would need to use as a cut through in order to do a ‘lap’ of the deck, are automated?

Not on Ventura so probably not, but midship ones have an automatic opener. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

There is at least one set of automated doors out to the promenade deck, I can't remember where though. My husband might remember, I'll ask him later.

• Thanks 1