Some dining questions for Emerald Princess - which room and what time?

2011mom

I'll be on the Emerald Princess next April on a 15 night cruise and I'm making my dinner reservations. I have questions!

1. There are 3 dining rooms. Is there any reason to prefer one over another?

2. I want to eat at the same time and at the same table and servers most nights, but on later port days I'd want to eat later - that's only a couple of times on this cruise. Can I do the whole cruise reservation and then change it for the occasional later time, or do I need to separately reserve every day, and then maybe not get the same table every night?

3. If I do reserve the whole cruise, do I get the same table? Or will I have to go to the Maitre' d every night? I loved traditional dining where i could just plop myself in my seat every night and never have to wait in line after the first day.

4. I've read a lot of threads about how long dinner service is. What time are the shows? I'd like to be able to eat and be done with dinner at least 30-45 minutes before the early show starts. Are there shows every or most nights?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1) All DRs have the same menu...perhaps differences in decor.

2) In order to get the same table every night you will have to speak to the hostess or head waiter once on the ship.  You cannot do that via the app.

3) As stated above...no

4) Shows are *usually* either 7:30 and 9:30...some may be 7:00 and 9:00.  It varies by ship.  There will be *some* type of theter activity each night...not necessarily a "show" as in production show.

• Like 1

I originally made reservations in the app for same time every day in DaVinci.  After my first night, I asked the DR manager if I could get the same table every night.  He said no, that could only be done in Botticelli DR.  So, that's what I would suggest for you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, theloo said:

I originally made reservations in the app for same time every day in DaVinci.  After my first night, I asked the DR manager if I could get the same table every night.  He said no, that could only be done in Botticelli DR.  So, that's what I would suggest for you.

Different ships and different DR Mgmt may be handling things in different ways.  The important thing is that they need and ought to be offering this for guests that want it.  That said I would be disappointed if that was the only DR to get it in.  Was there also a set DR used for walk-ups?

36 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Different ships and different DR Mgmt may be handling things in different ways.  The important thing is that they need and ought to be offering this for guests that want it.  That said I would be disappointed if that was the only DR to get it in.  Was there also a set DR used for walk-ups?

This was how it was done on the Emerald in July.  Things may change of course.  I think walk ups were welcome at all dining rooms.

Is there a reason you don't care for Botticelli?

Just now, theloo said:

This was how it was done on the Emerald in July.  Things may change of course.  I think walk ups were welcome at all dining rooms.

Is there a reason you don't care for Botticelli?

Location and noise/motion if ship is departing during dinner.  Probably not so bad near the entrance, but have always preferred the mid-ship DR's.  We have not had an aft cabin either.

• Like 1