FAS AIRLINE TO FCO (Rome)??

wncretired

Anyone have an idea which airline/airlines NCL usually uses on flights to Rome, Italy 🇮🇹 ? We’re flying out of Atlanta, Ga in late Nov. 2023. 
I figure there are many possibilities, but thought I would see if anyone has had any experience in using the FAS to Rome. The cost of this flight through NCL was so ridiculously cheap, that I figure we’re going to be on a 4 seater Cessna 172!! 😂😂

9 hours ago, wncretired said:

Anyone have an idea which airline/airlines NCL usually uses on flights to Rome, Italy 🇮🇹 ? We’re flying out of Atlanta, Ga in late Nov. 2023. 
I figure there are many possibilities, but thought I would see if anyone has had any experience in using the FAS to Rome. The cost of this flight through NCL was so ridiculously cheap, that I figure we’re going to be on a 4 seater Cessna 172!! 😂😂

I’ll take the C172 only if I can be the copilot 😂😂😂

10 hours ago, wncretired said:

No idea, NCL works with a ton of airlines so there's no way to know for sure. However, I think it's safe to say it'll be a long-range jumbo jet and not a Cessna! 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wncretired said:

If it’s out of Atlanta, they will most likely use Delta.

Sometimes I think people ought to do a little research on the internet when it comes to flights and see how eye-opening it can be. We often buy our own airfare or ask our TA to do it for us. When I was researching flights from DC to Rome for our upcoming cruise, I saw some "great deals." That's in quotation marks because I found things like: DC > Copenhagen > Stockholm (with 23 hours layover) > Rome for the outbound portion, and Rome > Stockholm (23 hours layover) > Copenhagen (another 23 hours) > DC. Oh sure, you save money doing it that way, but it takes several days to get there. Turkish Air often has decent deals, but you end up flying from the US to Turkey with another long layover before essentially flying back the other way to get to Paris, Rome, Madrid, etc. Since NCL is trying to get people the best DEAL, it's not going to be the most convenient ITINERARY. But it's like people expect a rock-bottom price and a perfect itinerary at the same time. Ain't happening. NCL is buying tickets in bulk and they're just trying to get you from point A to point B on time. How you get there and how long it takes, it could be anything. If you want to do it yourself, pay more and do it on your own. Just don't expect to get champagne when you're paying beer prices, folks.

The last time we scheduled NCL BOGO Air from O'Hare, it was American.

Since O'Hare is a hub for both American and United, it is reasonable to assume that any airport that is a hub for a major airline, that airline will probably be chosen.

Having said that...YMMV.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Sometimes I think people ought to do a little research on the internet when it comes to flights and see how eye-opening it can be. We often buy our own airfare or ask our TA to do it for us. When I was researching flights from DC to Rome for our upcoming cruise, I saw some "great deals." That's in quotation marks because I found things like: DC > Copenhagen > Stockholm (with 23 hours layover) > Rome for the outbound portion, and Rome > Stockholm (23 hours layover) > Copenhagen (another 23 hours) > DC. Oh sure, you save money doing it that way, but it takes several days to get there. Turkish Air often has decent deals, but you end up flying from the US to Turkey with another long layover before essentially flying back the other way to get to Paris, Rome, Madrid, etc. Since NCL is trying to get people the best DEAL, it's not going to be the most convenient ITINERARY. But it's like people expect a rock-bottom price and a perfect itinerary at the same time. Ain't happening. NCL is buying tickets in bulk and they're just trying to get you from point A to point B on time. How you get there and how long it takes, it could be anything. If you want to do it yourself, pay more and do it on your own. Just don't expect to get champagne when you're paying beer prices, folks.

That’s why I’m expecting the C172! Because I paid C172 prices.
( however, I do prefer Delta and it being Atlanta, I would think my chances are good).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

The last time we scheduled NCL BOGO Air from O'Hare, it was American.

Since O'Hare is a hub for both American and United, it is reasonable to assume that any airport that is a hub for a major airline, that airline will probably be chosen.

Having said that...YMMV.

Not really. We live at a United Airlines hub, but have NCL book us on some circuitous routing on American Airlines (through one of their hubs) versus non-stop on United. 

• Like 1