Lobster, lobster, lobster...

I've been on 3 cruises and they do NOT serve that yummy Maine lobstah---the ones with the delectable claw meat. They serve warm water 'rock' lobsters and the taste just doesn't compare.

Kathy in Maine

Well I'll still hightail it out of Maine

Most lobster comes from the north-eastern coast of North America with the Canadian Maritimes and the U.S. state of Maine being the largest producers

from

Butterfinger1954I've been on 3 cruises and they do NOT serve that yummy Maine lobstah---the ones with the delectable claw meat. They serve warm water 'rock' lobsters and the taste just doesn't compare.

Originally Posted by Hootsie

We weren't impressed with the lobster on our last cruise. You can get bigger and better ones up here in Montana and that's not saying much. LOL!

Both Hootsie and Butterfinger have it right on the nose. These are definitely not Maine lobsters TAILS. As a matter of fact, in Maine, the claws on some of their lobsters are as big as the tails on my Carnival cruises. And in Maine you get the whole thing ! ! ;)

My experience with Carnival lobsters has been about 50/50. Either quite delectable half the time (but smaller like rock lobsters) or rubbery on one hand and then total mush on the other hand. :(

On the flip side, however, the Reuben sandwiches in the deli section of the Buffet are to die for. :) The fish'n'chips on the Glory upper deck of the Buffet were pretty good too, but I'm spoiled as the place I eat fisn'n'chips in Ventura Harbor @ Andreas they use Angel Shark which is beyond description it is so good (almost prefer it over lobster). :D

:rolleyes: Since you can have as many lobster tails as you want at dinner on formal night, what difference does it make what size they are? The taste is definitely different than that of a Maine lobster...but hey folks, it's just one little meal, y'know?

Carnival has never said they serve MAINE lobster. Their written guarantee is "Lobster on every cruise!"

Tanker : how do you know they taste like FEET

LOL!

Personally, never tasted feet..yuck.....but you know how feet stink when you have had dress shoes on all day? Translate that smell into a taste and pretend it's a conch fritter! BLAH! Oh my word.

I can honestly still conjur up that horrible shock when I was expecting a whole other taste. I asked my husband to try one to make sure I hadn't gotten a bad one...nope! His was just as bad...poor guy nearly went into seizures trying to swallow it and not spit it out everywhere.

Gack!

Uh, yea. I mean the lobsters shipped into our state are far better than the ones on the boat.

LMAO!!!! I have to agree, the lobster on the ship, for lobster snobs, is not very good. Hard enough to cook lobster for 2000 and get it right, but the lobster they start with isn't very good. The lobster in the supper club is actually very good and nothing like the lobster in the dining rooms (which are just very large shrimp :p) I've stopped getting lobster in the dining room... I'm always disappointed, so I stopped setting myself up :D

. I always felt sorry for the little shrimp when he was getting branded.:(

The American shrimping industry has also tried to fight back with a branding effort

from

http://www.slate.com/id/2134219/

branding the product and packaging it in smaller consumer pouches for the US consumer.

from

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2005/12/08/stories/2005120801591200.htm

Archived