Boarding Time for the Sun in Seattle

MBMGWM

I'm so excited to be sailing on the Sun to beautiful Alaska in early October.  It looks like she arrives in port at 6:00 AM, which seems a bit earlier than the Miami port arrivals I've had in the past.  Is the boarding time is a bit earlier, or does it usually start around 11:00 AM?  I want to select an appropriate check-in time where I won't be waiting at the terminal too far in advance of boarding.  There's always that balance of choosing a time where the lines won't be too long, but where you can board as early as possible.  I love to wander around the ship and have lunch before it gets too crowded.

Cruise ships in Seattle tend to arrive between 5:30 A.M. and 6:00 A.M.  Both The Edgewater Hotel (next door to the cruise terminal) and The Waterfront Marriott (acroos the street) have rooms overlooking Elliott Bay so you can watch the ship come in.

Enjoy your cruise

11 minutes ago, MBMGWM said:

Thank you @www3traveler.  I'm going to be staying at the Waterfront Marriott and am so excited to be able to walk across to the terminal.

Be aware that Alaskan Way is a very very busy street no matter what day of the week it is.  You will also have to cross two sets of railroad tracks to get to the terminal.  Those tracks are also very busy with both freight trains and Amtrak (passenger) trains.

Once you begin to sail, you will sail past the Seattle Space Needle built for the 1962 Worlds Fair.  It is till very much in use today.  You can ride to the top of it to the Observation Floor-- on a clear day you can see forever.

Check out the Seattle Space Needle Paanorama Webcam to get a sense of Elliott Bay and Seattle.

Edited by www3traveler
Add a comment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 6:10 PM, www3traveler said:

Cruise ships in Seattle tend to arrive between 5:30 A.M. and 6:00 A.M.  Both The Edgewater Hotel (next door to the cruise terminal) and The Waterfront Marriott (acroos the street) have rooms overlooking Elliott Bay so you can watch the ship come in.

Enjoy your cruise

If you stay at the Edgewater you can fish out of your room. Just like those four long-haired Brits did back in the 60's. 

5 hours ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

If you stay at the Edgewater you can fish out of your room. Just like those four long-haired Brits did back in the 60's. 

You have not been able to fish out of the windows in many many years (late 1970's, I think).