Sabatini’s wine sale menu

AnyMajorCruiseDude

Seems like a good idea,  I know a Rombauer Chardonnay drinker who would ask if there were discounts for multiple bottle purchases.  😁  Yes, she likes super oaky butter bombs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Seems like a good idea,  I know a Rombauer Chardonnay drinker who would ask if there were discounts for multiple bottle purchases.  😁  Yes, she likes super oaky butter bombs.

I thought the Phelps cab was pretty good.  Tonight some Ornellaia the manager recommends.  The etude pinot was good too.....

30 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

I thought the Phelps cab was pretty good.  Tonight some Ornellaia the manager recommends.  The etude pinot was good too.....

Are you saying that tonight you are having Ornellaia?  Lucky you.  There is no denying that is an outstanding wine.

Funny, I opened a 2014 Phlelps CS just a couple days ago.  I acquired it fairly recently, and it had a sketchy storage history, but it turned out to be darned good.

2 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Are you saying that tonight you are having Ornellaia?  Lucky you.  There is no denying that is an outstanding wine.

Funny, I opened a 2014 Phlelps CS just a couple days ago.  I acquired it fairly recently, and it had a sketchy storage history, but it turned out to be darned good.

Yes.  Haven't had it before, but a friend/manager  onboard suggested and I said sure, lets try it at Crown Grill tonight. You apparently approve of this wine?

18 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Yes.  Haven't had it before, but a friend/manager  onboard suggested and I said sure, lets try it at Crown Grill tonight. You apparently approve of this wine?

Definitely.  OrnelIaia will pair nicely with much of the Crown Grill fare.  I like most Super Tuscans, but. being a Social Security pensioner, I generally go for Luce della Vite or Tignanello on the various Princess wine lists since they are not quite as spendy as Ornellaia.  Actually, a couple other Super Tuscans I have had on Princess that are both quite good and are even less expensive are Il Borro and Ornellaia Le Serre Nuove (second label of Ornellaia).

1 hour ago, XBGuy said:

Definitely.  OrnelIaia will pair nicely with much of the Crown Grill fare.  I like most Super Tuscans, but. being a Social Security pensioner, I generally go for Luce della Vite or Tignanello on the various Princess wine lists since they are not quite as spendy as Ornellaia.  Actually, a couple other Super Tuscans I have had on Princess that are both quite good and are even less expensive are Il Borro and Ornellaia Le Serre Nuove (second label of Ornellaia).

IMG_2330.jpeg

• Like 1

Forgive my naivety, but to the extent that anyone can answer, please do so:

1. Is this a random sale due to overstock onboard (to the extent you know or asked)?

2. If someone has Plus or Premier, is there a further discount from the discounted bottle?

3. Is this for immediate consumption or take home (assume consumption, but just asking).

Thank you!