Minimal Information from Star Flyer

Klagenicht

We will be on Star Flyer next Saturday Aug. 19th embarking Piraeus and sailing to Rhodes, Bodrum, Darien, Santorini, Hydra and back to Athens.  I am surprised that I do not get a lot of emails from them like one gets from the bigger cruise lines. I like to decide on the excursions before the cruise but here one is told to sign up when you get on board.  Also one does not get any times for arrivals and departures at different ports.  Is that what other people who have cruised with them have experienced? 

16 hours ago, Klagenicht said:

We will be on Star Flyer next Saturday Aug. 19th embarking Piraeus and sailing to Rhodes, Bodrum, Darien, Santorini, Hydra and back to Athens.  I am surprised that I do not get a lot of emails from them like one gets from the bigger cruise lines. I like to decide on the excursions before the cruise but here one is told to sign up when you get on board.  Also one does not get any times for arrivals and departures at different ports.  Is that what other people who have cruised with them have experienced? 

Following - it is a bit unique to not see arrival/departure times. My sailing isn't for a year, but I like to do some deep dive planning/looking into things - Sounds like I'm going to need to lower my expectations about that. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2023 at 7:05 PM, Klagenicht said:

You have to realize that if you are cruising under sail a port arrival time will be just an estimate.  They clearly say that on their site.  Just wait until you get on board to deal with excursions where the excursion signup is really low tech -  a clipboard with a bunch of sheets of paper where you put your name on the list for the excursion you want.  Everything else on the cruise will albe be low tech.