Embarkation day for Beyond at Civitavecchia

SDWCruise

As newbies to the cruising life … can anyone tell me if a private taxi transfer takes you directly to Civitavecchia port terminal, or do they drop you off outside and you have to walk? There’s a lot of information out there but it’s all very conflicting .. hence my query to the people ‘in the know’ and have been there before, so to speak! Thanks in advance for any help/information re: embarkation day at Civitavecchia 😊.

We sailed from Civitavecchia in July and the private transfer took us all the way to the terminal. I did hear of a few folks being dropped at the gate. I think it depends on whether the company you use has a permit or not. They have to show it to security to get access. We used Rome Cabs

20 minutes ago, SDWCruise said:

As newbies to the cruising life … can anyone tell me if a private taxi transfer takes you directly to Civitavecchia port terminal, or do they drop you off outside and you have to walk? There’s a lot of information out there but it’s all very conflicting .. hence my query to the people ‘in the know’ and have been there before, so to speak! Thanks in advance for any help/information re: embarkation day at Civitavecchia 😊.

All cars services will take you directly to the terminal your ship is docked at. 

Just now, Les43 said:

We sailed from Civitavecchia in July and the private transfer took us all the way to the terminal. I did hear of a few folks being dropped at the gate. I think it depends on whether the company you use has a permit or not. They have to show it to security to get access. We used Rome Cabs

We used them too, also last month. 

I’d say all private car services will drop you off at your ship; however this isn’t always the case with taxis. As mentioned above drivers are required to have a permit to enter the port area. Not all taxi drivers will have this permit. All the private transport companies mentioned often here will (should) have permits. 
If you go with another company, I’d ask them if their drivers have permits. 
I used RomeHabiCabs twice last month (from apartment in Centro to port, and then port to FCO). Dropped off, and picked up right at ship. Excellent service, on time, and responsive in a timely manner. 
Price is dependent upon number of passengers and luggage, but most companies websites have calculators to determine cost. 

32 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

I did a quick quote and it came back at 190 euros for port to airport.  Does that sound about right to you folks.  

Depends-we don't know the number in your group and amount of luggage.  We were a group of three, with two large bags, three carry-ons, and a portable electric wheelchair-came to 155 euros.  Did not require children seats.  

I'd shop around to several companies and get an equivalent cost from all of them.  Also, if you're travelling soon I'll toss in there's been a shortage of cars available, so they may be adjusting their prices to what the market will bear.

I believe the set fare taxi cost from FCO to port is 120 euros, so that would be more economical if you fit in one taxi.  However, (1) not guaranteed driver has permit to enter port, and (2) line for a cab currently taking longer than normal.

(Oops, sorry didn't catch the part where you're going port to airport.  Disregard the taxi information above about taxis.  There will be no taxis waiting at the port not already booked.  We still paid 155 euros for port to airport.)

Edited by Girr
Adding info.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SDWCruise said:

Before you book ask for confirmation that they take you to the terminal ship side. If you are dropped at the gate there is a shuttle which will take you to the terminal but is is hassle if you have a lot of luggage! Similarly for your return trip.

• Like 1