Club Balcony Suite vs Balcony on Bliss

dresterj

I will be cruising on the Bliss in December. When I originally booked the cruise the price difference between club balcony suite and regular balcony was only $50 per person, but now the balcony has dropped to be $200 less per person. Now, I’m debating whether to change to balcony and get the savings. From the online description the room (bathroom) seems larger but the balcony is smaller. Is thus true? Any advice on switching or staying with BCS will be welcomed. Thanks!

p.s. - also the taxes and port fees have decreased by nearly 50% since when I booked. 

Edited by dresterj

The most significant difference in the cabins is the bathroom. In a CBS the bathroom is noticeably larger. There is a double sink vanity with storage below. The shower is also larger.  The rest of the layout is identical to a standard balcony cabin. 

The actual balconies are the same size, unless you are paying for a cabin with a larger balcony. 

A CBS also includes some minor perks such as a bottle of sparkling wine, some chocolates or cookies delivered to your cabin a few times (depends on cruise length) and a free bag of laundry. 

I’ve sailed in both types. The CBS, in my opinion is a nicer cabin, but it’s a very subjective opinion. To me, a $400 savings on a cruise as you are seeing with some price changes, outweighs the benefit of a CBS. I’d take the balcony and save the money. 

5 minutes ago, phoenix1181 said:

If you're past final payment, I don't believe you're able to change your reservation to a lower priced cabin.  

Thanks, but I’m not past final payment yet. It’s on September 1. 

I enjoyed the Club Balcony on the Bliss.  I appreciated the larger bathroom/toilet compartment (as a bigger guy.)  The free laundry and goodies were nice too.  

That said, is it worth a big premium?  Not really.  I'd spring for an extra $100 or so but if you can save yourself some money by rebooking, go for it.

1 hour ago, dresterj said:

I will be cruising on the Bliss in December. When I originally booked the cruise the price difference between club balcony suite and regular balcony was only $50 per person, but now the balcony has dropped to be $200 less per person. Now, I’m debating whether to change to balcony and get the savings. From the online description the room (bathroom) seems larger but the balcony is smaller. Is thus true? Any advice on switching or staying with BCS will be welcomed. Thanks!

p.s. - also the taxes and port fees have decreased by nearly 50% since when I booked. 

If a bigger shower is not a deal maker (it is for us), then cancel and rebook. The room and balcony are the same size. If you stay with the CBS, your dining reservations open 125 days prior to departure (in a couple of weeks)… assuming you are on the 12/31 Mexican Riviera cruise.