Southern Caribbean in September?

CruisinShips

Florida gal here.  September is the height of hurricane season.  When sailing anywhere in the Caribbean, it's a gamble if your sail dates coincide with a tropical storm or hurricane.  The ship will navigate around the storm, but you are in for some very rocky seas regardless.  

I hope this helps a bit. 

5 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

I've heard the ABC islands may be considered below "the box" when it comes to hurricane season in the Caribbean.  Does anyone have any input or insight they care to share?

Thanks

https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/caribbean-islands-generally-hit-hurricanes/story?id=40407011

As another poster mentioned, even if hurricanes don't often hit the ABC islands, you have a long way to go to get back and forth between Florida and those islands.  

1 hour ago, Saturngrl said:

Florida gal here.  September is the height of hurricane season.  When sailing anywhere in the Caribbean, it's a gamble if your sail dates coincide with a tropical storm or hurricane.  The ship will navigate around the storm, but you are in for some very rocky seas regardless.  

I hope this helps a bit. 

The fact is that, even during the September “height of the season”, most of the Caribbean on most days is not impacted by a hurricane.  Typically 4 or 5 days might be impacted - and that would be in a limited, easy to avoid, area.

• Like 1