Thank You for the Upgrade, Princess!

Guardsy

Was looking to book a fall cruise to the Caribbean.  Wife uses a scooter, so we were looking for an ADA cabin.

Found a cruise that we liked, so started searching available ADA cabins.  Longer cruise (11 days) so we started with an inside ADA, no luck.  Obstructed, no luck, but we did get a message that Princess would upgrade us to a balcony ADA at the same price as an obstructed view.  Booked!

Then an hour later, we got an email on some last minutes cruises that includes up to $200 onboard credit.  Yep, our cruise is one of those, at the same prices we were looking at earlier today.  Dang!  I did send a message to our Princess cruise planner to see if there is any chance to also get the onboard credit. Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guardsy said:

Was looking to book a fall cruise to the Caribbean.  Wife uses a scooter, so we were looking for an ADA cabin.

Found a cruise that we liked, so started searching available ADA cabins.  Longer cruise (11 days) so we started with an inside ADA, no luck.  Obstructed, no luck, but we did get a message that Princess would upgrade us to a balcony ADA at the same price as an obstructed view.  Booked!

Then an hour later, we got an email on some last minutes cruises that includes up to $200 onboard credit.  Yep, our cruise is one of those, at the same prices we were looking at earlier today.  Dang!  I did send a message to our Princess cruise planner to see if there is any chance to also get the onboard credit. Fingers crossed.

I thought your story was awesome getting all those bonuses for free while you never ask for anything. …..until I read your last sentence.

21 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

I thought your story was awesome getting all those bonuses for free while you never ask for anything. …..until I read your last sentence.

Totally agree with what you said but also not surprising in today's gimme world.

DON

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AZjohn said:

So, AZ, if you booked a cruise and a couple of hours later you received an email offering $200 in onboard credit, or $200 off the price you paid, you wouldn't ask your agent about it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1