Meraviglia -- Signature Cocktail and Rock Show question

jcathers1

I'm confused as to the details of the "Carousel productions at sea - signature cocktail and show Rock Circus" (or Houdini). It looks like tickets are $12, but they show under the Specialty Restaurant section. Is the show free is you don't want the "signature cocktail"? We have the beverage package, so I'm not sure if we are paying for the show or the drink. We are in the YC, if that matters. Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, jcathers1 said:

I'm confused as to the details of the "Carousel productions at sea - signature cocktail and show Rock Circus" (or Houdini). It looks like tickets are $12, but they show under the Specialty Restaurant section. Is the show free is you don't want the "signature cocktail"? We have the beverage package, so I'm not sure if we are paying for the show or the drink. We are in the YC, if that matters. Thanks in advance. 

You still have to pay for the show, drink or no drink.  You are paying for the show and the choice of a drink (or no drink).  Hosts/hostesses check that you are on the paid list at the entryway.  The drinks are made in advance and laid out to allow choice.  DW and I brought in wine from another bar, and were allowed to bring them in, as opposed to the main theater, where drinks are not allowed.

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 1

I saw this show not too long on a sailing our of Port Canaveral...there were plenty of the drinks sitting on a tray at the top of the seats and the bar if you wanted more than 1....no one was watching..some type of sweet cocktail..not too bad...3 or so was plenty.  

We were also in YC, a butler took us down to the show, had seats reserved for us...I enjoyed it.  

Meraviglia the drinks are also in a glass that only belongs to the venue. People were stopped from taking the glass out of the theater. 

I didn't drink anything, seemed all sweet type drinks, I could wait the 45 minutes until I got back to the Top Sail Lounge though going 20 minutes without food was an issue, what no pizza? 😉 

If you have the specialty dining package, it is only $5 to book this once on board. What it has to do with specialty dining, I have no idea. They don't serve food for the show and it doesn't take one of your specialty dining credits. I guess just an incentive to get people to purchase the specialty dining package?

I'll just add that on the Meraviglia, of the three drinks they had at each show, 1 was virgin.  They also appeared to switch them up, there were different drinks at Rock Circus and House of Houdini.  To echo what PTC DAWG said, they didn't seem to care if folks took more than one.  I'm not a big fan of sweet drinks, so one was more than plenty.  

2 hours ago, CruiseCruiseAndMoreCruise said:

I'll just add that on the Meraviglia, of the three drinks they had at each show, 1 was virgin.  They also appeared to switch them up, there were different drinks at Rock Circus and House of Houdini.  To echo what PTC DAWG said, they didn't seem to care if folks took more than one.  I'm not a big fan of sweet drinks, so one was more than plenty. 

Thanks CCAMC! Sober here, that was my understanding and appreciate the confirmation.