Confusing app

PCWalton1

2 minutes ago, ldtr said:

You also do not need it. Have not been asked once to see it on 8 different cruises in the past year from 4 different ports.

Agreed.  But there is a whole new design and folks should be seeing them now since it was supposedly an August 1 launch.  Maybe they plan to use them if presented.  Of course when a guest has Medallion, they can just scan those.

Edited by Steelers36

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Agreed.  But there is a whole new design and folks should be seeing them now since it was supposedly an August 1 launch.  Maybe they plan to use them if presented.  Of course when a guest has Medallion, they can just scan those.

So standard may not have a QR code. Haven’t heard yet.

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

And you have a beverage package or Standard fare?

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

So standard may not have a QR code. Haven’t heard yet.

Not true at all.  Standard fare will also have a BP screen.  Green Lane or Blue Lane as appropriate. 

Note that none of us here know whether Princess is removing the paid shipping option permanently (doesn't make sense), or whether it is some other system issue (makes more sense, given their many foibles).  It may also have something to do with them readying shipping to other major markets and sub-markets (Canada, UK, Australia/NZ).

40 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Not true at all.  Standard fare will also have a BP screen.  Green Lane or Blue Lane as appropriate. 

Note that none of us here know whether Princess is removing the paid shipping option permanently (doesn't make sense), or whether it is some other system issue (makes more sense, given their many foibles).  It may also have something to do with them readying shipping to other major markets and sub-markets (Canada, UK, Australia/NZ).

Possibly, but I wanted to know if the poster has a beverage package or standard.  Trying to figure out what they are doing to the BP.  

If they are truly simplifying the process of boarding, then it would make sense to get rid of the paid shipping and as a bonus to those buying the packages, offer free shipping.  

They are not transparent, so it leaves me guessing their next move.  JMO 

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Possibly, but I wanted to know if the poster has a beverage package or standard.  Trying to figure out what they are doing to the BP.  

If they are truly simplifying the process of boarding, then it would make sense to get rid of the paid shipping and as a bonus to those buying the packages, offer free shipping.  

They are not transparent, so it leaves me guessing their next move.  JMO 

At the launch announcement of the new BP screen, there was nothing said about only some guests getting it.  It was just whether Green or Blue.  (Not sure why they didn't have a Gray option since they are having a Gray lane for guests with special needs or extra assistance).

Just now, Steelers36 said:

At the launch announcement of the new BP screen, there was nothing said about only some guests getting it.  It was just whether Green or Blue.  (Not sure why they didn't have a Gray option since they are having a Gray lane for guests with special needs or extra assistance).

I missed the BP launch. Thanks for telling me.  It will be interesting to see if they get that right.

Did it show a QR code both Green and blue?

• Like 1