Travel agent last minute bargain. I wonder if this impact price promise

Windsurfboy

I've always booked direct , but reading today's paper noticed travel agent , with low prices . I was curious,  so checked. A standard cabin as only just over a hundred pounds cheaper than Saga guarantee,  but a midships suite was over six hundred cheaper.

It seems travel agents do have last minute bargains. Will this trigger price promise 

• Like 1

^Our Cruise Price Promise

Please note: This applies as long as the discounted holiday is the same package offered under the same terms of sale (which means the full terms that apply to your holiday contract, including your cabin grade and whether your cabin is allocated at the time of booking or at embarkation). Ad-hoc services are excluded. In calculating any possible saving due, we’ll take into consideration all offers and discounts that were applied at the time of booking and compare the overall price that you’ve been charged with the current price. We will pass on the value of the saving in the form of a higher-grade cabin, or other added value benefit.

This is what Saga say so it might trigger the price promise.

• Like 3

I’ve also seen this advert for Winter Sun in the Canaries, departing on SoD on 7th December.  It will be interesting to hear from anyone who has already booked this cruise if the price promise is applied.

• Like 2

Thats the cruise I saw,  Pity it's not my cruise , I  looked at my November 7th cruise with same travel agent, unfortunately no discount vs Saga website even though plenty of availability.  

Booking at launch still looks best

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

I've always booked direct , but reading today's paper noticed travel agent , with low prices . I was curious,  so checked. A standard cabin as only just over a hundred pounds cheaper than Saga guarantee,  but a midships suite was over six hundred cheaper.

It seems travel agents do have last minute bargains. Will this trigger price promise 

Did you look at Saga deals on their website as all of the Canary cruises have big discounts? Also you won't get your Britannia nights if you book via an Agent. You also can't book excursions on line as your contract is with the Agent and not Saga 

2 hours ago, JoJo1947 said:

Did you look at Saga deals on their website as all of the Canary cruises have big discounts? Also you won't get your Britannia nights if you book via an Agent. You also can't book excursions on line as your contract is with the Agent and not Saga 

Yes did look at Saga offers on website thst was my comparison