Just back from Summit and tested + for Covid!

TXranchgal

3 minutes ago, TXranchgal said:

Just off the Summit in Iceland and arrived home today.  Started coughing and tested positive for Covid.

Anybody else experienced Covid yet?  Be sure to test so you can get Paxlovid right away.

I'm sorry to hear that. I was supposed to have boarded the day you disembarked, but had to cancel 57 days of travel (including 2 other cruises) for non-Covid medical reasons. I hope you have a quick and complete recovery. Long Covid is no fun!

Covid is indeed alive and infecting. Four people at my son's work have tested positive in the past two days. My son was training one of them for 7 hours six days before they tested positive. My son testeed last night, and is negative. 

Take care, and I hope your happy memories of travel comfort you as you recover. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two of the three of us tested positive after our May Eclipse cruise.  When you put that many people together in enclosed spaces like happens on a cruise plus flights to and from the cruise, the risk goes up.

Hope you recover quickly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

Two of the three of us tested positive after our May Eclipse cruise.  When you put that many people together in enclosed spaces like happens on a cruise plus flights to and from the cruise, the risk goes up.

Hope you recover quickly.

I was on that cruise and tested positive, but it was 4 days after getting home so probably not the cruise for me. There was definitely a cold/bronchial thing going around. DH and other friends caught something that wasn’t  Covid.

2 hours ago, lovecruzin said:

I was on that cruise and tested positive, but it was 4 days after getting home so probably not the cruise for me. There was definitely a cold/bronchial thing going around. DH and other friends caught something that wasn’t  Covid.

My husband and his mom both tested positive the day we got home.  They were already feeling a bit off on our travel day back.  So they definitely picked it up during the cruise.  With how many sea days we had at the end, it probably was during the cruise but it is also possible they picked it up while in Victoria.  It's hard to know for sure with COVID.

I find it interesting that even though I was in such close contact with my husband, I never tested positive.  Last summer it was the reverse when I picked it up during a cruise and never passed it on to him.

Fortunately, for us, my mother-in-law had very mild symptoms.  She never would have even thought to test if my husband hadn't tested positive first.  My husband recovered in a few days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1