App still has old cruise I didn't take on it

Kitty Ellas Mom

I was booked on a Princess cruise last year departing June '22, and had to cancel about a week away from departure for a family emergency.  I had gone through all of the check in procedures on the app already.  There is no doubt it was canceled, and my travel insurance paid etc.

I've paid almost no attention to the app since then, but went in tonight to start getting checked in for the cruise I booked to replace that one, which departs Sept 19 on a different ship and itinerary.  Weirdly, it keeps showing me a screen that says it's 8 days 19 hrs etc to my cruise, and then a barcode and the name of the original ship, itinerary etc.  I think this is still there b/c I never scanned in with the barcode last year, but it seems weird that it's there, especially the countdown saying how many days.

Does this require deleting and reinstalling the app to fix?  I am hoping to avoid that but will if necessary.  It did let me go all the way through the steps to get my medallion, knowing my current cruise, but then didn't let me have it mailed to me.  I figured out later that it was b/c I still had not done all the checklist.  I am still hoping to get it mailed to me when I finish the checklist--and I think it's working right b/c it didn't think I'd finished the checklist like I did in 2022.  Thanks for any info---I really haven't spent much time with the app, and know I need to get more savvy with it.

Edited by Kitty Ellas Mom

2 hours ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I was booked on a Princess cruise last year departing June '22, and had to cancel about a week away from departure for a family emergency.  I had gone through all of the check in procedures on the app already.  There is no doubt it was canceled, and my travel insurance paid etc.

I've paid almost no attention to the app since then, but went in tonight to start getting checked in for the cruise I booked to replace that one, which departs Sept 19 on a different ship and itinerary.  Weirdly, it keeps showing me a screen that says it's 8 days 19 hrs etc to my cruise, and then a barcode and the name of the original ship, itinerary etc.  I think this is still there b/c I never scanned in with the barcode last year, but it seems weird that it's there, especially the countdown saying how many days.

Does this require deleting and reinstalling the app to fix?  I am hoping to avoid that but will if necessary.  It did let me go all the way through the steps to get my medallion, knowing my current cruise, but then didn't let me have it mailed to me.  I figured out later that it was b/c I still had not done all the checklist.  I am still hoping to get it mailed to me when I finish the checklist--and I think it's working right b/c it didn't think I'd finished the checklist like I did in 2022.  Thanks for any info---I really haven't spent much time with the app, and know I need to get more savvy with it.

I would delete and reinstall the App. You won’t lose anything, just refreshes what you have.

It may take a couple of days to correct itself.  It definitely is an IT error, as it should have dropped off. 

Logout and login.  You probably haven’t touched it for a long time.

I would also look on the website and just make sure your new booking is all correct.

If it doesn’t correct and you can checkin for the Sep. cruise, you could leave it alone or email IT, to correct the App. 

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Give feedback please.

• Like 1

I have a similar booking that won't go away on my app.  I booked one cruise and then had my CVP change it to another sailing date.  The new sailing date shows up just fine but the old one hasn't gone away.  I assume eventually it will go away when I don't make any final payment but even my deposit has been transferred off.  Kind of a no harm no foul situation but my CVP doesn't seem to be able to do anything  and uninstalling/re-installing the app doesn't seem to help either.

• Thanks 1