Ventura - overnight stay in Rotterdam Q?

Scirocco Breeze

We are on the 5 night Ventura cruise in September that has 2 days in Rotterdam. I'm just wondering whether there is any kind of curfew on returning to the ship on day 1, as we are thinking of going "out out" in Amsterdam but would prefer not to be locked out! I sort of think there must be, surely they can't staff the gangway and security round the clock...or am I wrong?

If there are shuttle buses laid on, they might stop running after a certain time and restart again in the morning.  Done a few overnights in port (though not Rotterdam), never been any restrictions re getting back in the early hours, apart from shuttle buses where provided.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 7:22 PM, Scirocco Breeze said:

We are on the 5 night Ventura cruise in September that has 2 days in Rotterdam. I'm just wondering whether there is any kind of curfew on returning to the ship on day 1, as we are thinking of going "out out" in Amsterdam but would prefer not to be locked out! I sort of think there must be, surely they can't staff the gangway and security round the clock...or am I wrong?

You will find it a considerable distance to Amsterdam: well over an hour by road and certainly no free shuttle. P&O do run paid for excursions to the city, but if you are intending to leave in the middle of the night you might be on your own. It would be a good idea to look up train times, and you would probably need a taxi back from Rotterdam station.

• Like 1

Rotterdam itself is an interesting city. When we were there in March we docked near the old Holland America Line building and used the water taxi to get across to the main part of the city. Great fun! There's an excellent food hall and the cube houses are nearby. 

• Like 3

If you are using the trains in Rotterdam, there is a station near the market called Rotterdam Blaak, its much closer to the Erasmus bridge.  We caught the train to Delft from Blaak station, its just 1 stop along from the central station, public transport in Netherlands is easy to use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you! I was reading last night about how to pay for public transport in case I need to buy a travel card of some sort but it looks like I can just use my phone to pay. I have an app that someone recommended called Rome2Rio which tells you how to get from A to B pretty much anywhere, how long it will take and how much it may cost. I've just added Rotterdam Blaak as my start point. 

If you dont want to walk across the bridge its good fun to use the black and yellow water taxis, you’ll see them darting around the river, walk out of the cruise terminal, turn right and the stop is called Hotel New York, we go to centrum stop.

I love them and it saves part if the walk 🙂 (not sure what time they stop).

• Like 3