OBC to pay for Premier package?

jabrown40

3 minutes ago, jabrown40 said:

I may book with a TA, and will have quite a bit of OBC.  Can I use that to book the package when I arrive on board?

Yes you can on Day 1.  They will be all over the ship selling the beverage packages. Also at GS.

You will save insurance on the amount of the package too.

However, if you’re not traveling for a while, remember these prices could increase at any time.

32 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes you can on Day 1.  They will be all over the ship selling the beverage packages. Also at GS.

You will save insurance on the amount of the package too.

However, if you’re not traveling for a while, remember these prices could increase at any time.

I think it is worth noting for @jabrown40 that you surely meant to type Plus/Premier Fare packages.  I am sure the OP is looking to buy the full cruise package and not the total rip-off standalone beverage package.

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I think it is worth noting for @jabrown40 that you surely meant to type Plus/Premier Fare packages.  I am sure the OP is looking to buy the full cruise package and not the total rip-off standalone beverage package.

Yes, thanks for clarifying. Definitely the Plus/Premier package. They were really pushing it OB.  

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, thanks for clarifying. Definitely the Plus/Premier package. They were really pushing it OB.  

Pretty soon the on-board sales group will be getting even pushier on the packages, like "Buy it or else!": 

image.jpeg.16a0886fac7e1e791c22f978a7e1bb7d.jpeg

• Haha 1

That's correct - I'm planning on purchasing the cruise, but I thought that I could get the plus or premier once I boarded, and use the OBC to help defray the cost.  My son also qualifies for the military OBC from Princess.  That's a very good point about the insurance cost.

Does anybody know if the crew gets and incentive for selling the upgrade? For instance, if I buy the upgrade from a bartender or room steward rather than from GS or via the App does it help out that crew member in some way?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Does anybody know if the crew gets and incentive for selling the upgrade? For instance, if I buy the upgrade from a bartender or room steward rather than from GS or via the App does it help out that crew member in some way?

They had special crew members selling it in the piazza, at the elevators and of course GS for day 1 and 2.  Good point, I wondered the same thing.  Maybe someone will ask them?

42 minutes ago, Thrak said:

33 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

They had special crew members selling it in the piazza, at the elevators and of course GS for day 1 and 2.  Good point, I wondered the same thing.  Maybe someone will ask them?

They must get something.  I believe someone else posted this is a reason to defer purchase.