Princess Plus question

mrell345

59 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You may recall we were discussing this in another thread.  I found it difficult to believe there would be no 18% gratuity on the 75% net cost.  I mentioned waiting to see if other CC members who have bought wine would post and clear it up.  I think it is clear from the above variety of posts that guests are indeed charged 18% on the net cost of each bottle of wine.  Princess phone reps often don't get their information correct nor know as much as some seasoned guests know.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

You may recall we were discussing this in another thread.  I found it difficult to believe there would be no 18% gratuity on the 75% net cost.  I mentioned waiting to see if other CC members who have bought wine would post and clear it up.  I think it is clear from the above variety of posts that guests are indeed charged 18% on the net cost of each bottle of wine.  Princess phone reps often don't get their information correct nor know as much as some seasoned guests know.

We're still saving money on the bottle with the 25% discount. We can always buy wine by the glass and I believe the tip is covered.

• Like 1

Anyone got a list of plus wines vs premier wines? We are leaving Saturday for Fairbanks for three days before our cruise tour and start on Majestic on Sep 9 and debating upgrading. I have the booze list but not wine.

Also, got a coupon book that has a note about a free bottle for specialty dining on embarkation day. Anyone done that? What's the wine?

43 minutes ago, geepmaley said:

Anyone got a list of plus wines vs premier wines? We are leaving Saturday for Fairbanks for three days before our cruise tour and start on Majestic on Sep 9 and debating upgrading. I have the booze list but not wine.

Also, got a coupon book that has a note about a free bottle for specialty dining on embarkation day. Anyone done that? What's the wine?

The availability of wines will depend on the ship. A list likely won't do much good as some ships will be out of stock on various wines.

As for the free bottle with specialty dining: I believe it's from Bob' s Discount House o'Wine and Tires.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, geepmaley said:

It will be a bottom of the barrel wine

Staying on Princess Plus topic but segueing slightly. We signed for Plus as a convenience as 2nd time cruisers because Plus includes various kinds of drinks, alcohol and non alcohol, as well as bottled water.

I see in the other drinks packages that one option is a 12-pack of bottled water delivered to your cabin. I’m assuming Plus does not include the option of getting the 12-pack. Where on the ship (Discovery Princess) would we get individual bottles of water? 

Thank you. Looking forward to our Mexican Riviera cruise in January..

20 minutes ago, BelMare92264 said:

Staying on Princess Plus topic but segueing slightly. We signed for Plus as a convenience as 2nd time cruisers because Plus includes various kinds of drinks, alcohol and non alcohol, as well as bottled water.

I see in the other drinks packages that one option is a 12-pack of bottled water delivered to your cabin. I’m assuming Plus does not include the option of getting the 12-pack. Where on the ship (Discovery Princess) would we get individual bottles of water? 

Thank you. Looking forward to our Mexican Riviera cruise in January..

Just about any bar will have bottled water.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 9:54 PM, highloyo said:

Just about any bar will have bottled water.

Yep. Stop by and pick them up to take back to your cabin. You can collect plenty for the fridge. We also tend to grab one or two when going ashore.