Print boarding pass before departure

funinhounslow

Will soon be going on my first P&O cruise since C***d and I see on the checklist is the requirement to print a boarding pass before departure. To do this it is necessary to upload a photo and add credit card details

Is the compulsory or will they still take a photo and swipe a credit card at Southampton to issue a keycard?

8 minutes ago, funinhounslow said:

Will soon be going on my first P&O cruise since C***d and I see on the checklist is the requirement to print a boarding pass before departure. To do this it is necessary to upload a photo and add credit card details

Is the compulsory or will they still take a photo and swipe a credit card at Southampton to issue a keycard?

You can still do it at the terminal but you will need to show a copy of your booking confirmation along with covid status etc. We did ours online today, it is all very easy and quite amusing getting a good photo.

45 minutes ago, funinhounslow said:

We did not bother uploading photos in May as others had said they take them again anyway, can't remember if I gave credit card details. This did not prevent us from downloading the boarding passes, which we needed to show to gain entry to the terminal as priority boarders. Don't known what happens if you just join the queue, when they call your time do they check or take your word for it? others will no doubt know

1 hour ago, ParisHilton said:

I found it stupidly hard to get a photo to fit nicely in the box where they want you.

it does only seem to be used on the tablets the staff review when they scan your card to verify its your card.

It also shows up at security as you leave and enter the ship.