La Spezia

SandyR5

We’re going to be in Florence (La Spezia) for 2 days. We have been to Florence many times. The first day we’re going to Cinque Terre. Was thinking about checking out La Spezia the second day. Can you stroll there from the port?  We’re happy walking around, stopping for lunch etc. is this a town where we can just wander and enjoy?  

6 hours ago, SandyR5 said:

Was thinking about checking out La Spezia the second day.

Lots of past threads which you could find using the SEARCH tool under your username, but this recent thread could be an interesting read for you and has several suggestions. Ignore the subject line reference to driving.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2911139-la-spezia-anything-to-do-within-a-short-drive/#comment-64723978

Or this one, but there are many more to be found.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2951417-florence-la-spezia-need-options-and-help/#comment-66008117

Edited by edinburgher

On 8/31/2023 at 2:47 AM, SandyR5 said:

Thank you so much. My bad. I should have searched first. Just read through a bunch of pages and nothing came up.

To use the SEARCH tool, for la Spezia threads, go to the Italy Boards forum, but stay on the general page, not an individual thread.  Insert la Spezia into the empty search box under your user name then hit the little spy glass and all previous threads containing that name will appear ready for you to choose which to read.  Works across other forums too, you only need be in the correct (according to CC) geographical forum.  Also works on cruiseline forums too.  As an example, if you go to the Princess Forum and want to ask about eg "laundry" go to the general Princess forum and insert the word "laundry" in the search box and hit the little spy glass. All previous threads with that word in them should appear.

SandyR5. Please kindly  respond if you successfully use the search tool with the method I described in this post, so that cruzelover knows whether it is his/her device which is making searching "awful" or whether I am not the only lucky member who finds it a brilliant tool to use.

4 hours ago, cruzeluver said:

I wouldn't worry about it. The search function is awful. 

You don't say why it is "awful" but you must be doing something wrong or else could it possibly be that the device you are using is somehow not compatible, because others have used the search tool for years and it works every time.   Check back to see if SandyR5 responds with feedback.

Edited by edinburgher

11 hours ago, SandyR5 said:

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Thanks for your feedback. I think you will find it very useful for current and future trips and no more back paging needed.

N

19 hours ago, edinburgher said:

Now you have it.  It worked for two of us and we won't be the only ones.

cruzluver can I suggest again that it may be a compatibilty issue with whichever device you are using, and that you maybe try again on a different device, because it is such a useful tool have.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 11:53 AM, cruzeluver said:

Just curious if , as advised, you already tried the search tool on a different device and had some success this time, as I think others reading this thread would also find it helpful to know should they have been experiencing the same issues.

Nothing wrong with my device and have been a Cruise Critic member for a lot of years. Message boards like this are dinosaurs in many ways including search functionality hence why in general the roll calls are dead compared to in the past. I do know how to use the search function, but most times I have done so I have had to go through pages and pages of search results before finding what I am looking for or just giving up. Simple Google searches net results far faster.

I'll stop as this is off topic.

4 hours ago, cruzeluver said:

I do know how to use the search function, but most times I have done so I have had to go through pages and pages of search results before finding what I am looking for or just giving up

Thanks for responding as not everyone does.

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2023 at 10:26 AM, edinburgher said:

To use the SEARCH tool, for la Spezia threads, go to the Italy Boards forum, but stay on the general page, not an individual thread.  Insert la Spezia into the empty search box under your user name then hit the little spy glass and all previous threads containing that name will appear ready for you to choose which to read.  Works across other forums too, you only need be in the correct (according to CC) geographical forum.  Also works on cruiseline forums too.  As an example, if you go to the Princess Forum and want to ask about eg "laundry" go to the general Princess forum and insert the word "laundry" in the search box and hit the little spy glass. All previous threads with that word in them should appear.

May I please ask how to find the Italy Boards? I found the Italy Ports but not boards. Is that the same thing? TIA

6 hours ago, redtinarn said:

May I please ask how to find the Italy Boards? I found the Italy Ports but not boards. Is that the same thing? TIA

Yes it is.  Sorry, my bad as I wrote "boards" instead of "ports"  but the ports forums are also boards.  See wording on link below.  This one:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/464-italy-ports/

• Like 1