Concerned about Insignia Reviews

Nashna

18 minutes ago, PinonNoir said:

I know what the website states. However, nobody can define "casual jeans".  It can be inferred, as you have done, but since the color "blue" is not defined as casual, I'm going to keep wearing them. 💙

Once seated, nobody is looking at your pants, as they are mostly under the tablecloth.

I prefer to follow the rules personally for the enjoyment of all guests.  End of story.

On 10/10/2023 at 4:05 PM, Westbriar4915 said:

"Best cuisine at sea" shouldn't be mentioned.  Mushy, tasteless boiled vegetables (yellow broccoli), steaks in Grand Dining that couldn't be cut with a knife or chewed, menus in Polo Grill and Toscana never changed the 6 months I was on Insignia for World Cruise, brown congealed bits on salad greens in Terrace Cafe', hot food not hot and cold food not cold, dress code not enforced, lots of Asian foods.  Cabins are worn out - (no black out drapes, drapes 4" too short and hard to open and close, bedskirt ripped and torn, loveseat cushion like sitting on the wood frame, cushion clips for veranda seating broken, 110V plug at desk had 2 sockets but could only plug one appliance in at a time,  sometimes no hot water, WIFI is close to non-existent and limited to one device per cabin so don't lose your partner onboard, shore excursion descriptions often not what you get (i.e., museum was listed as a highlight but had been closed for 4 years), need I go on?...  

Posts like this are exactly the reason why people should take the reviews with a grain of salt. We never experienced anything close to what was described in this post (except for WiFi that definitely needs improvement). No hot water?? Seriously?? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Westbriar4915 said:

As far as the drain being covered - it never occurred to me that I would have to consider covering a drain especially because of mosquitoes.

On the website it clearly states that the dress code is "after 6 in the restaurants no casual jeans (probably meaning blue jeans?), shorts, t shirts, baseball caps, sandals or tennis shoes".  All of these things were worn in the restaurants at night on the World Cruise. 

PH suites on Insignia World Cruise - I repeat were only allowed ONE device.  I have more than one device - laptop, iPad, iPhone - as do most people.  Maybe they upgraded since July 2023 for you all because I know other ships have excellent service and can use more than one device per cabin.

Anything else - I communicated what I experienced personally in my cabin on the 2023 ATW cruise.  And, unfortunately, what I mentioned was less than half of what I could have said.

Enjoy your cruise. 

Until the itineraries embarking on the 01OCT 23, each cabin, except top suites, had 1 WIFI account per stateroom, not 2 device.  It did mean that only one person in a cabin could be online at a time so you needed to log off from one device to allow the other person/device to access the WIFI.  So if you have both an IPhone and IPad, you could only be on one at a time but you could log off one and log on to another,  As of the 01OCT 23, each cabin has 2 WIFI accounts so you can have 2 people/ 2 device on at the same time now.  I have close friends that were on the same ATW cruise with you and had a different perspective of their experience.  I forwarded your post to them and asked their reaction.  They were in an obstructed ocean view so did not have any statues due to cabin category.  They are booked on the 2024 ATW since they so enjoyed their previous ATW experiences.  I am sorry that it did live up to your expectations.

2 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Posts like this are exactly the reason why people should take the reviews with a grain of salt. We never experienced anything close to what was described in this post (except for WiFi that definitely needs improvement). No hot water?? Seriously?? 

Yes, seriously.  I wasn't the only one and it happened a half dozen or more times.

2 minutes ago, basor said:

It did mean that only one person in a cabin could be online at a time so you needed to log off from one device to allow the other person/device to access the WIFI.  So if you have both an IPhone and IPad, you could only be on one at a time but you could log off one and log on to another

As info, you can have as many devices as you want on the wifi if your cell phone plan allows for "Mobile Hotspot".  I just started using it today and am currently on my laptop with the wifi via my cell.  My wife is also on the wifi on her cell, so we have three devices connected.  The wifi onboard Insignia is working very well....shockingly so.  They must have connected to Starlink recently.

On 10/11/2023 at 11:42 AM, PinonNoir said:

We are on Insignia now:

• Our cabin, a PH2, is in excellent condition.  We have blackout blinds, they aren't too short, easy to open and close (but then maybe I've got great dexterity?), nothing is ripped, loveseat is comfortable, cushion clips aren't broken, no issues with hot water. 

PinonLover, do you get any noise in your PH suite from the pool area or Terrace Cafe above you?

We are trying Oceania for the first time on Insignia next June, and hope to move up from our A3 to a PH if one frees up, but noise from above would nix that idea.

I've appreciated hearing about your positive experiences so far!

Edited by MJfromCA
typo

1 hour ago, MJfromCA said:

PinonLover, do you get any noise in your PH suite from the pool area or Terrace Cafe above you?

We are trying Oceania for the first time on Insignia next June, and hope to move up from our A3 to a PH if one frees up, but noise from above would nix that idea.

I've appreciated hearing about your positive experiences so far!

We are in stateroom 8055, which is on the starboard side.  This places us under Terrace Cafe.  We have heard occasional noise in the evening while the crew is cleaning.  It sounds like they are moving tables to vacuum and then moving them back.  It's only been a few times and it never lasts very long.  Otherwise it's been pretty quiet.  No noise from the adjoining staterooms, except for one guy sneezing one time.

I think the carpeting in Terrace Cafe is helpful in keeping the noise down.  You might want to avoid the staterooms below the pool deck or Waves Grill, as chairs moving on those decks might be an issue.  However, outside of Waves, this cruise has been cold enough that the pool deck has been pretty empty most of the time.

• Thanks 2