Oia on your own excursion

Nebr.cruiser

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Island of Santorini and Oia Village

Does anyone have a description of this excursion or is there a way to look up a past excursion?  I have order summary but that is it.  I’m curious if I just misunderstood what we were doing.

Have you tried looking at your tour in Cruise Planner?  You should be able to see the full description of the tour you have booked.  If that doesn't work, we suggest you call the Captain's Club.  Good luck.

30 minutes ago, MikeMary4449 said:

Have you tried looking at your tour in Cruise Planner?  You should be able to see the full description of the tour you have booked.  If that doesn't work, we suggest you call the Captain's Club.  Good luck.

I’m referring to a past tour.  I don’t have access to it in Cruise Planner.  I don’t keep a description of each tour.  Maybe I should.

I can’t find the exact tour on the current sailing.  There is a comment similar to mine.

”Guests wishing to stay in Fira…. Must take the cable car.”  So what if you do NOT want to stay in Fira.

I take credit for my own confusion.

IMG_2052.png

Edited by zitsky

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I’m referring to a past tour.  I don’t have access to it in Cruise Planner.  I don’t keep a description of each tour.  Maybe I should.

I can’t find the exact tour on the current sailing.  There is a comment similar to mine.

”Guests wishing to stay in Fira…. Must take the cable car.”  So what if you do NOT want to stay in Fira.

I take credit for my own confusion.

IMG_2052.png

So the VITAL information is in the last line of the tour description " The tour may return by Fira or by Athinios depending on tour departure time". In other words, they CAN and WILL use both ways to get back to the ship. Either Cable car down from Fira then the regular tenders back to the ship, OR bus from Fira to Athinios port then special tender back to ship. Looks like it's dependent on scheduling, port schedules, morning or afternoon tours. 

Edited by kwokpot

3 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

So the VITAL information is in the last line of the tour description " The tour may return by Fira or by Athinios depending on tour departure time". In other words, they CAN and WILL use both ways to get back to the ship. Either Cable car down from Fira then the regular tenders back to the ship, OR bus from Fira to Athinios port then special tender back to ship. Looks like it's dependent on scheduling, port schedules, morning or afternoon tours. 

I’m asking if anyone saved their description because the language in my tour did not include that text and the title was different.  I suspect they may have changed the language after complaints from passengers.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

I’m asking if anyone saved their description because the language in my tour did not include that text and the title was different.  I suspect they may have changed the language after complaints from passengers.

My sense is if that's how that tour was conducted in the past, then it will be the same. In other words how you get down from Fira will depend on a variety of conditions. 

Just to add some additional information, there's a trip report current on the Celebrity boards where someone posted about taking a Celebrity Tour in Santorini. It was basically an all day highlights tour, where they tendered you from the ship to Athinios Port, and in a coach took you to a winery, some ruins, lunch, a visit to both Oia and then Fira, where one can EITHER stay in Fira and sightsee some more and then take the cable car down or walk the path and thake the regular Celebrity tenders, OR stay on the bus which will take you back to the Athinios port where you take the special tender back to the boat. The OP said only about 20% of the tour participants stayed in Fira and the rest stayed on the bus back to the Athinios port. This would match up with what the disclaimer in Celebrity tour description posted on this thread.

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Just to add some additional information, there's a trip report current on the Celebrity boards where someone posted about taking a Celebrity Tour in Santorini. It was basically an all day highlights tour, where they tendered you from the ship to Athinios Port, and in a coach took you to a winery, some ruins, lunch, a visit to both Oia and then Fira, where one can EITHER stay in Fira and sightsee some more and then take the cable car down or walk the path and thake the regular Celebrity tenders, OR stay on the bus which will take you back to the Athinios port where you take the special tender back to the boat. The OP said only about 20% of the tour participants stayed in Fira and the rest stayed on the bus back to the Athinios port. This would match up with what the disclaimer in Celebrity tour description posted on this thread.

The wording on my excursion did not at all mention the cable car and I was expecting to be bussed back to the tender.  Lesson to me to write down every little bit of info about my cruises.

• Like 1