Atlantic Crossing from Miami to Barcelona

Bjbilly

Doing this cruise on April 21st wondering if anybody has done it and is it cold I did a cross into Amsterdam 2 years ago in the same time. And it was very cold I'm wondering what route the ship takes to Barcelona and how cold it will be thanks for any help

I've done Miami to Rome in the spring and there were some chillier days by the Azores to Gibraltar but nothing too bad. Overall, it was pleasant, but not warm enough to want to go in the pool. Of course, each sailing is subject to weather patterns at that time. 

17 minutes ago, Bjbilly said:

Doing this cruise on April 21st wondering if anybody has done it and is it cold I did a cross into Amsterdam 2 years ago in the same time. And it was very cold I'm wondering what route the ship takes to Barcelona and how cold it will be thanks for any help

Come and join our roll call

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2898503-oasis-transatlantic-april-21-2024/page/14/#comment-66007964

By the time we get to Spain, temps should be mid 20's C (mid 70's F). The actual crossing is anyones guess as the North Atlantic is the most unpredictable of the oceans, but we have done the TA the other way in November and it was fine. If you want sun, you want the starboard side of the ship.. There are no mid Atlantic stops (eg Madeira), so unless there is a detour to avoid a storm, I assume we will more or less go in  a straight line.

Simon

We have done this April crossing three times, to Rome and to Barcelona.  It's our favorite way to cruise, except for the flights home.

We are not pool or sunbake people, so I can't comment on that.  

Although the weather was fabulous just about every day, the element of the uninterrupted wind made it feel cool most of the time, much more so than sailing around Carib islands, for example.  If we were going to sit on the upper deck, forward, I would take a fleece or light jacket.  And I did use those jackets in the Med some days, too; some were short sleeve days, some were long sleeve plus fleece plus rain jacket days.  In both settings, layers were the best thing ever.

I know it is not part of your question, but another thing that got us all three times was the crowds when we were in Med ports on May 1 and the weekend closest to it.  Big holiday for Europeans, and they do tend to get away from home and into many popular tourist spots and big cities.