Jets on Sirena hot tub disabled

susiesan

On 9/5/2023 at 6:36 AM, susiesan said:

I just went up to the spa to check out the hot tub situation.  The jets are working and I can use it.

This rules chengkp75 theory invalid.

Any response from chengkp75 is reasoned and informed by decades of maritime expertise, not mere speculation. His response may not be specific to this Sirena situation but will be true for other vessels. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, susiesan said:

Update to original post: it is now 3 days later and the hot tubs still are disabled. I have not received an explanation or response to my question as to why. 

The moral of this story might be that if no one on the ship can provide a definitive answer, it probably won't be found in a general discussion board...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JDincalif said:

The moral of this story might be that if no one on the ship can provide a definitive answer, it probably won't be found in a general discussion board...

Yes and wild speculation will ensue...   🙂 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, davencl said:

Yes and wild speculation will ensue...   🙂 

6 hours ago, susiesan said:

Someone onboard speculated that another passenger complained that the jets were too strong and knocked him over so management just turned them off.

And here it is! 😁

• Haha 5

My pure speculation, because something similar happened on Nautica in 2019, is that something broke down and they didn’t have a replacement aboard ship. Miami had to order the parts and have those parts meet the ship at a major port with a significant airport to get the parts there.

• Like 2

I asked again at reception, now that the cruise is almost over. I got a call from engineering saying the poolside hot tubs on Sirena are the only ones in the fleet that have never had a button to push to turn them on. Supposedly the ship came this way when O got it from Princess. The captain can turn on the jacuzzi jets from the bridge and they are allegedly on all day. I told him they are not on, he insisted they are. I stopped arguing and said I've been using the hot tub outside the spa that does have a button to turn the jets on and off. Sigh.🙄

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

I got a call from engineering saying the poolside hot tubs on Sirena are the only ones in the fleet that have never had a button to push... The captain can turn on the jacuzzi jets from the bridge and they are allegedly on all day...🙄

Master and Commander and...pool attendant?

• Haha 2