Anytime Dining Reservations Fee?

awfw

9 hours ago, doghog said:

Thanks for making my point. Like the app is accurate. 🤣 Still fake news as the charge will not be charged against no shows for the MDR dining choices. 

We have Select Dining for our October Eclipse cruise and no mention of a $10.00 pp cancellation fee in my CP or on the app. 

It was not 'fake' news when I read this on my app pre-cruise in January. A cruiser has no idea if this is a new rule and you can't rely on this group as many are too quick to 'accuse' fellow cruisers

4 hours ago, gold1953 said:

It was not 'fake' news when I read this on my app pre-cruise in January. A cruiser has no idea if this is a new rule and you can't rely on this group as many are too quick to 'accuse' fellow cruisers

Settle down. Fake news by Celebrity, not you. Or should I say, consistently inconsistent app information. 

We were select dining on Eclipse last week and made reservations for the select main dining room at 8.30pm each night. Had card in room saying we had been allocated table on level 3 set dining for 8.30pm, worked in our favour as had a lovely table for 2 by the window with an empty table beside us for the week. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, doghog said:

Settle down. Fake news by Celebrity, not you. Or should I say, consistently inconsistent app information. 

You are telling me to settle down and all I did was state a fact and am NT worked up. Not polite to talk this way to others.. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

Why do you need a reservation?  Kind of defeats the purpose of anytime dining.  We just walk in when we are ready to eat.

You may need to take a buzzer and wait for a call.  We have not always been able to walk in

3 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

Why do you need a reservation?  Kind of defeats the purpose of anytime dining.  We just walk in when we are ready to eat.

On the S & M class ships we always make reservations for Select Dining. When we first board the ship we find a two top in a location we like and request it. Always accommodated. Without a reservation we couldn't do that. On the E class ships reservations are not accepted for the MDR as it's open seating. No TD or SD designation. At least that was our experience on our March Apex cruise. 

2 hours ago, doghog said:

On the S & M class ships we always make reservations for Select Dining. When we first board the ship we find a two top in a location we like and request it. Always accommodated. Without a reservation we couldn't do that. On the E class ships reservations are not accepted for the MDR as it's open seating. No TD or SD designation. At least that was our experience on our March Apex cruise. 

We will be on an E class ship but thanks for your input.