Going Live! Carnival Venezia NYC 🗽 Canada/NE B2B Sept 16-29

Haljo1935

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

We watched you B2B'ers walk by while we were waiting in the priority lounge. That will be us on Friday. 😎

Yes, Sir - we saw all y'all in there. It was exciting, wasn't it? Hopefully it won't be the best show you see all week.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

We missed sail away - thought it was still 🌧. Saw some great pictures of Lady Liberty 🗽- much better than we got last week.

Here are some night views we got later before the winds started up.

And a few from the morning as the fog was rolling in.

20230923_191216.jpg

20230923_191229.jpg

20230923_191220.jpg

20230923_162805.jpg

20230923_162801.jpg

20230923_162759.jpg

20230923_140146.jpg

Thank you for sharing all the info and trip report. Haven't seen anything about the CD. I was looking forward to seeing Marc Q because my friend had him a few yrs back and really liked him but as luck has it, hes on vacation. Had one leaving from San Juan guy was just horrible.  Hardly made announcements,  not engaging.  The best CDs for me was Matt Mitcham on Breeze and Ryan Ross on Magic last year. 

4 minutes ago, happycruiser220 said:

Thank you for sharing all the info and trip report. Haven't seen anything about the CD. I was looking forward to seeing Marc Q because my friend had him a few yrs back and really liked him but as luck has it, hes on vacation. Had one leaving from San Juan guy was just horrible.  Hardly made announcements,  not engaging.  The best CDs for me was Matt Mitcham on Breeze and Ryan Ross on Magic last year. 

https://www.tiktok.com/discover/cruise-director-joey-boyes

He signs off his announcements "cheerios and..." followed by fruit loops, rice krispies, pop tarts, etc.

20230924_080851.jpg

• Haha 3

Still foggy; seas a little rolly, but not too bad. Likely preparing me for TA this fall.🫣

We have 3 windows, actually 2 windows and a door, with beds separated. The view out the door is completely blocked for the person in the bed closest to the door. We just pull the curtain open as far as possible then close it inside the closet door.

20230924_085624.jpg

20230924_085710.jpg

20230924_085727.jpg

20230924_085743.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 3

Still very froggy out - maybe even more. Seas seem rougher, but not problematic for us. I have not checked our location or weather forecast, but I have to think our excursion tomorrow cannot operate in this kind of weather. Granted, we can certainly get past this before morning, so I will check the weather. 

We are not spending time on our awesome balcony or on the Terrazzo 😞

20230924_161647.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

What great timing you have - got back to cabin after lunch to find this waiting for me.🤭

20230924_125134.jpg

Oh dang 😂😂. Is that only on certain days? Also, do I go to guest services to inquire? 

Is there a place to purchase future cruises? I was looking for one on Magic last year but didn't see any. So looking forward to Friday. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, happycruiser220 said:

Oh dang 😂😂. Is that only on certain days? Also, do I go to guest services to inquire? 

Is there a place to purchase future cruises? I was looking for one on Magic last year but didn't see any. So looking forward to Friday. 

Thank you.

Go to Shore Exc first day; they have a book to sign you up. Spots go quickly, so be sure to go right away. They will tell you when it "could" be, but you'll find out your specific time when you get your tickets. It should be some time morning of next to last or last sea day, depending on how many sea days you have at the end. Last week's tour they said they could have filled 3 tours there were so many people that signed up.

• Like 2

Tomorrow's FunTimes freshly delivered. And ducks for hiding on way to MDR.

Considered going to Lido for dinner since neither of us really wild about MDR menu, but decided it might be crowded.

Somehow our dining time got changed during the transition from last week to this week even though both had been confirmed for late (which is 7:45). Got it switched, will have new Server at diff table. But I'm sure it will be fine. We will know shortly. 

20230924_182449.jpg

20230924_182340.jpg

20230924_182409.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, mistycruiser said:

I love the Teppanyaki and I order the same thing you do, Terriyaki chicken and steak.  I eat so much fried rice I have a hard time finishing my entree   

Yeah I really have to practice constraint to back away from the rice; it's so good when it's steaming hot. I really appreciate they let me order teriyaki chicken instead of the spicy chicken even though it's not on the menu.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Go to Shore Exc first day; they have a book to sign you up. Spots go quickly, so be sure to go right away. They will tell you when it "could" be, but you'll find out your specific time when you get your tickets. It should be some time morning of next to last or last sea day, depending on how many sea days you have at the end. Last week's tour they said they could have filled 3 tours there were so many people that signed up.

👍🏻👍🏻

MDR saw a few people practicing dressy dress and a couple masks. This young man turned before I could take a picture so you can't see his bow tie.

Dinner was Greek Spinach Pie, 4 season salad w/balsamic vinaigrette & Grand Marnier souffle. Sis had Fettuccine Alfredo, no salad & banana split. The Greek Pie was extremely flaky; GM souffle was VERY good, served warm. Sis said fettuccine was very heavy on the mushrooms. 

Of course, we got dinner & a show. 

20230924_205808.jpg

20230924_205833.jpg

20230924_205634.jpg

20230924_205651.jpg

QR_Menu-FEAST-2_VX.pdf

20230924_211034.jpg

20230924_211020.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Uploads
  • Like 2