Going Live! Carnival Venezia NYC 🗽 Canada/NE B2B Sept 16-29

Haljo1935

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from Haljo1935! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Haljo1935 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Here we go! Going where, you ask? Hopefully Halifax, Sydney, St John Bay and Portland (ME). I say hopefully because Mother Nature may have other plans. I don’t think the weather will impact our itinerary, but there is some concerned talk about it, so we'll see.

It's been a few years since I've cruised out of NY; last time it was Brooklyn, this time Manhattan. I'm curious to see the difference and really looking forward to experiencing the sail away from my balcony - seeing Lady Liberty 🗽 is a special treat.

This is our first time on the Venezia - very curious about her. Feel free to ask questions, I will do my best to answer and provide pix if you have something you want to see. We're on B2B for 13 days total, so lots of time to see what we can see.

The prep and the plan? Not touched the suitcase - today & tomorrow are it, so you now know what my weekend looks like. Going into NY the night before thanks to AA changing our flight. No tinkering around NYC prior to embarking other than dinner Fri night & breakfast Sat morning, just chilling at hotel then to the port. Same on return - straight from ship to to airport. There are a few more trips coming before year end and I have to work sometime, so really couldn't spare the time to play tourist. But there's always next time.😊

We have a fabulous aft wrap balcony which will be fabulous for sail away views - I think I'm most excited about that than anything else. I have some good naps planned for that balcony & will be working during the cruise so there will also be computer time out there.

Speaking of naps - been up for a while and feeling droopy, so I will have a short nap then clear out the fridge and begin other fun pre-cruise tasks.

Ciao for now (in honor of Venezia's fun Italian theme)!!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Haljo1935🙂

I have family going on Venezia the 29th, the day you get back to New York. A 15-night Southern Caribbean Carnival Journeys voyage, September 29th to October 14th. 

Venezia will be sailing to Grand Turk; Aruba; Curacao; Barbados; St Lucia; St Maarten and St Thomas. 

Have a terrific cruise!

🍹

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I can’t wait for your review! We need more Venezia around here!

I don't know which I'm more excited for - being on a cruise, seeing the Venezia in person, the beautiful ports, or maybe just the cooler weather!!

Have you been on the Venezia?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @Haljo1935🙂

I have family going on Venezia the 29th, the day you get back to New York. A 15-night Southern Caribbean Carnival Journeys voyage, September 29th to October 14th. 

Venezia will be sailing to Grand Turk; Aruba; Curacao; Barbados; St Lucia; St Maarten and St Thomas. 

Have a terrific cruise!

🍹

I will do my part in leaving her in good condition for them 🤭

Turks is one of my happy places - saw this Native enjoying the beautiful beach in Feb on a birthday cruise. Their itinerary sounds wonderful. 

20230210_103501.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I don't know which I'm more excited for - being on a cruise, seeing the Venezia in person, the beautiful ports, or maybe just the cooler weather!!

Have you been on the Venezia?

I haven’t been on Venezia yet. I’ll be on the October 28th sailing. There is just something special about being on a cruise! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Woo Hoo!!  Looking forward to an awesome LIVE review!  I'm taking notes here so I can hopefully do a respectable LIVE review on my Pride Oct Rome cruise and land trip!  Go @Haljo1935 📣

Ooh that's a whole lotta pressure, 😆 🤣 I'll do my best. Glad you're coming along.

• Haha 2

I was going to ask about this earlier, but got distracted by, well by nothing actually,  just distracted. We used to call those "blonde moments." Anyway, being on a B2B, I thought my bookings would be linked and I would only have to check in for the first leg, but the check in part for the 2nd leg was there taunting me to "start" so I did. I thought maybe it would just have me confirm everything, but nope - I had to enter it all again. Then I thought it would skip over selecting a check in time, but nope - I had to select a check in time, too.

So, how is that going to work on Turnaround Day? Am I really going to have to wait to go back into my cabin until my check in time? Surely not. 

I've cruised on Carnival many times and I've done numerous B2B, just not on Carnival. Definitely different than what I'm used to.

Happy Dance for this: cruise countdown!! Of course, I did those snaps earlier today, so the clock looks even better!!

20230909_052316.jpg

20230909_052235.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Are you a minimalist packer or an over packer? Sadly I am the latter lol.

I'm a Tweener packer striving for Minimalist. Several cruises to AK w/too many suitcases 🧳🧳cured me of overpacking, but fear of not having "it" keeps me from editing more, so I don't think I will ever be a carry-on only person.

• Like 5

See, even Carnival is telling me to pack already!!

After reading many posts about bad coffee and lack of creamers, I decided to take some with me. French Vanilla arrived yesterday and Fed Ex just sent a delivery notice that the Sweet Italian Cream will be here before noon. I'm taking the little single serve liquid "pods" not the powdered packets. So, @Cherries Jubilee that may change my packing status. 😉

Temp here is 70 heading to 97. Hard to plan for Canada 🇨🇦 as the temps should be dropping but they seem to be holding in the 70s so I think that is what has me stuck on packing.

Ok, speaking of coffee, time for a cup then diving into the suitcase.

Apparently the cat has other plans. Boy is he going to be disappointed - I AM getting up!!

Ciao for now.

20230910_070858.jpg

20230910_070635.jpg

16943486199231120143574390013267.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

When we did our B2B on the Pride in May we met in the theater around 7:30am and they gave us our new cards.  Then we had to walk out to the baggage claim, then back on the ship where they took our picture again and swiped our new cards.

We will also be on a Journey cruise on Venezia in February and hope the weather is good.  Please post everything you can as we will be happily following.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

See, even Carnival is telling me to pack already!!

After reading many posts about bad coffee and lack of creamers, I decided to take some with me. French Vanilla arrived yesterday and Fed Ex just sent a delivery notice that the Sweet Italian Cream will be here before noon. I'm taking the little single serve liquid "pods" not the powdered packets. So, @Cherries Jubilee that may change my packing status. 😉

Temp here is 70 heading to 97. Hard to plan for Canada 🇨🇦 as the temps should be dropping but they seem to be holding in the 70s so I think that is what has me stuck on packing.

Ok, speaking of coffee, time for a cup then diving into the suitcase.

Apparently the cat has other plans. Boy is he going to be disappointed - I AM getting up!!

Ciao for now.

20230910_070858.jpg

20230910_070635.jpg

16943486199231120143574390013267.jpg

Suggestion: put your box of creamers in a zip lock bag in case of leakage!  From the experienced one 😬😬 have a great cruise!!

Hugs from Texas!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We will be joining you on your second leg, and we can’t wait!! We upgraded to a wrap around balcony on the aft and I’m most excited about that, as well!!

Couple questions for you:

Are the cabin walls magnetic?

Did they provide loungers on your balcony, or could you ask for them?

Have fun and see you soon!

• Like 1

You will get a B2B letter in your room with instructions.  Every ship does it differently.  I have had mimosas and our picture taken and some breakfast danishes to only water and juice while waiting for almost 2 hours for people to get off the ship.  This one we had a picture taken at night with a special background.
The second cruise is a whole different cruise so nothing will carry over that is why you had to enter everything again.  Best part is not packing anything!  As soon as we were cleared I head to Serenity as people get on they hit lido for drinks and buffet first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1